Initiating Multiple Solr Dictionary Indexes

Paul A

May 22, 2015, 10:55:14 AM5/22/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,
I'm currently in the process of implementing a search using Solrnet. My indexes are very large, and because we're a global company they are translated. My initial thought was to have multiple records with all translations in one index, however this ended up being an issue because the indexes became to large for one index, so we split up the indexes by language. For instance I created an English index called SearchEnglish and a French index called SearchFrench.

To initiate Solrnet, I use something like:
Startup.Init<Dictionary<string, object>>(SearchIndexUrl);

I use dictionaries because my Solr indexes contain dynamic facets. The issue is that my code base is going to need to initiate all indexes. So I have no way of distinguishing one index from another. What would be your recommendation to handling the initiation of multiple dictionary Solr indexes using Solrnet? I don't see anything in the documentation regarding this.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul A

May 26, 2015, 2:34:20 PM5/26/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
I posed this question on StackOverflow as well. I've since figured out this issue using Windsor to initialize my solr instances. You can read more here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30399943/initiating-multiple-solr-dictionary-indexes-using-solrnet/30466153#30466153