SolrNet Query always returns “The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error”

Solr Guy

Nov 18, 2014, 3:20:13 PM11/18/14
to sol...@googlegroups.com

The code below used to work, but now it only returns "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error":

Startup.Init<SolrResult>("http://xxx.xxx.xxx.x:xxxx/solr");
var solr = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<ISolrOperations<SolrResult>>();
var query = (new SolrQuery("title:test"));
var results = solr.Query(query);

When I request directly from Solr in the browser it works normally:

xxx.xxx.xxx.x:xxxx/solr/query?q=title:test

The error is very generic and I can't track down what the actual cause is, any help is appreciated.

Mauricio Scheffer

Mar 1, 2015, 7:30:21 PM3/1/15
to sol...@googlegroups.com
You might be running an old version of SolrNet... recent versions do capture the server response in case of an error. See https://github.com/mausch/SolrNet/blob/master/Documentation/README.md#downloads .

Cheers