Updated installation instructions

Henrik Ingo

Feb 18, 2013, 4:42:14 PM2/18/13
to abhay jain, solon-voting
Hi Abhay

Just to let you know, I updated installation instructions in README.md
and docs/helios-install-howto.md based on feedback from you and also
my own experience trying the new instructions from helios mailing
list:
https://github.com/henrikingo/solon-voting

I don't remember if I shared this earlier, but I wrote one more
high-level overview of e-voting crypto algorithms.
http://openlife.cc/blogs/2013/january/cryptographic-e-voting-algorithms-general

Now that I'm back on track on using and installing Helios, I intend to
write 2 posts that are more specific about how to integrate it with
Solon/LiquidFeedback. I will also dig into Helios a bit more to learn
how we can run a helios referendum from Solon python code. (Hopefully
there will exist some http api we can call...)

henrik

--
henri...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559

abhay jain

Feb 19, 2013, 12:14:13 AM2/19/13
to henri...@avoinelama.fi, solon-voting
Yes sir I installed
LiquidFeedback Frontend
2.0.1
MIT/X11
LiquidFeedback Core
2.0.11
MIT/X11
WebMCP
1.2.5
MIT/X11
Lua
5.1
MIT/X11
PostgreSQL
8.4.13
BSD

and created policies,areas and members
but there is one problem in this
when I am trying to make new members I am getting the
1 format but I should be getting the 2 format and there is a
checkbox in the leftmost corner which I cannot identify.

Moreover I am finding it tough to prepare init script
Could you suggest any good tutorials for this
And yes I have made an account on github and reading its tutorials
my account is
https://github.com/daemon-abhay

Abhay

Henrik Ingo

Feb 19, 2013, 1:24:17 AM2/19/13
to abhay jain, solon-voting
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:14 AM, abhay jain <abhay.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when I am trying to make new members I am getting the
> 1 format but I should be getting the 2 format and there is a
> checkbox in the leftmost corner which I cannot identify.

Sorry, I don't understand what you try to describe here?

> Moreover I am finding it tough to prepare init script

Hmm...

You should be able to just copy the init script from the
LiquidFeedback installation instructions, and then change these
values:

http://dev.liquidfeedback.org/trac/lf/wiki/installation

DESC="lf_updated"
NAME=lf_updated
DAEMON=/opt/liquid_feedback_core/lf_updated
DAEMON_ARGS=""