solon-voting

abhay jain

Feb 23, 2013, 2:39:15 AM2/23/13
to Henrik Ingo, solon-voting
Hi Henrik
I have sent you the pull request regarding solon server and helios
server init script on git hub.
please review it.

and I am sending you an attachment for liquid feedback diff script.

Abhay Jain
liquid_feedback_core.v2.1.0-add_init_files-v0.1.diff

Henrik Ingo

Feb 23, 2013, 7:43:23 AM2/23/13
to abhay jain, solon-voting
Thanks. I will look into all these in the coming week. Probably I will
make some small comments, after which you can make fixes and then send
another pull request that I can merge with Solon. Of course, with the
other projects we cannot know how they respond - developers of both of
them tend to be rather busy.

Thanks also for updating the README, I hadn't noticed that pull request before.

Yesterday I was also able to complete some preparatory work for the
next step. Please check out my 2 latest blog posts:
http://openlife.cc/category/topic/solon

Basically your next, and final, task for the project could be to
continue with the code I've written there
(https://github.com/henrikingo/solon-voting/tree/master/helios_files).
For example, a goal could be to be able to create a Helios referendum
and questions from within Solon code (replacing the dummy voting
backend that is there now). The step after that will be to also add
the list of eligible voters, but that will require a bit more coding -
the list has to be fetched from Liquid Feedback first.

Or, if you're completely new to python, you could just do some cleanup
on the create_referendum.py file, there's a list of TODO items at the
top of the file.

After I've reviewed the init scripts, we could have another Skype call
to discuss what you think about the next steps. (But until then, feel
free to do whatever you like, of course.)

henrik
> --

henri...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559