Vote for the Soil Carbon Coalition's "Soil, Water, and Hope" curriculum project on 100 Projects for the Climate

Didi Pershouse

Jun 19, 2016, 11:28:03 PM6/19/16
to soil-age
Hello Dear Friends!
As you may know, France is running a contest to pick 100 projects related to climate change that will receive special support before the next big climate summit in Marrakesh.
The Soil Carbon Coalition has submitted our "Soil, Water, & Hope" soil-carbon curriculum and community learning-resources project to the contest.
Please give "Soil, Water, & Hope" one or two of your votes. (Each voter gets a total of ten votes.)  (Choosing the heart "crush" will give two votes to a project, rather than just one.) The deadline is approaching quickly!

Here is the link to the main page: http://www.100projetspourleclimat.gouv.fr/en/
and here is the link to our project on the site: http://www.100projetspourleclimat.gouv.fr/en/projects/713-soil-water-hope

Here are just a few of the things we've been up to:
  • Working directly in high school classrooms in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Chicago where we are getting students and faculty thinking about soil carbon's role in whole systems landscape function.
  • Helping schools develop holistic management plans for their outdoor spaces, and getting them involved in hands-on monitoring projects.
  • Developing a free online workbook of dynamic learning exercises, and soil carbon monitoring instructions for schools and communities.
  • Connecting students with Precious Phiri of Zimbabwe and other soil health leaders to learn about real-time issues with soil carbon and water around the world.
  • Developing a soil-health supplemental curriculum for FFA agricultural career tech programs in over 300 high schools in Oklahoma
  • Teaching workshops across the country to engage community members, soil health leaders, woofers, and farmers in the whys and hows of tracking whole systems landscape function and monitoring for soil carbon, water infiltration, and other soil health indicators.
Thank you for your vote!!
Didi Pershouse
The Soil Carbon Coalition
Facebook: Soil Carbon Coalition

Available on Amazon and at:
Norwich Bookstore, Isabel's Cafe,  Green Mountain Books and Prints, Long River Gallery and Gifts, Upper Valley Food Coop, Toadstool Books, Integral Yoga Bookstore,  Watson's, Point Reyes Books, Barnes and Noble website.