Comments to be given at Regenerative Future Summit - today

Seth Itzkan

May 17, 2017, 12:55:45 PM5/17/17
to soil...@googlegroups.com
Hello Soil4Climate Friends, Hunter Lovins has graciously granted me 3 minutes to address the #RegenerativeFutureSummit in Boulder, CO. My address, written below, will be given at some point during "mid day." You can watch my address and all of the excellent speakers at their livestream link provided here.
https://regenerativefuturesummit.org/livestream/

---
Regenerative Future Summit Comments to be delivered by Seth Itzkan

Hello Everyone. My name is Seth Itzkan. I’m the co-founder of an organization called Soil4Climate. We advocate for soil as a climate solution.

I’m standing before you today representing that organization, but, more importantly, I representing a Maasai community in Kenya south of Nairobi.

They entrusted me to speak on their behalf at conferences like this and they requested that when doing so, I wear this necklace and hold this talking stick.

I visited this Maasai community as part of my stay at the Africa Center for Holistic Management in Zimbabwe - That’s the first Savory Hub and is one of the birthplaceses for Holistic Planned Grazing, nearly 50 years ago.

My message today is to say how important is this conference, and how the future of the Maasai and all pastoral people and their ancient land wisdom depends, at least in part, on the outcomes of conferences like this and the motivation of people like you.

Without soil restoration brought forward through healthy pastoralism, we won’t avoid catastrophic climate change.

Repeat: Without soil restoration brought forward through healthy pastoralism, we won’t avoid catastrophic climate change.

The Maasai, and all pastoral people, are essential for our soil future and our climate future.

We live in disruptive times, and finding the regenerative course through and with these disruptions, is what Buckminster Fuller might term the "Critical Path." This conference is part of that path and each of you is a change agent, or as Bucky might say, the “trim tab” that is needed to steer humanity on spaceship Earth.

On behalf of myself and the Maasai community that has entrusted and empowered me to speak these words, I say

Thank you.

https://regenerativefuturesummit.org/livestream/