Increased productivity with intensive rotational cell grazing and broadacre agriculture - ABC Rural (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Karl Thidemann

Jul 20, 2016, 10:08:58 AM7/20/16
to Soil Age

Brad Kupsch and his family run a grain and livestock farm at Allanooka, about 60 kilometres south of Geraldton.

Mr Kupsch has introduced a rotational grazing system on a 70-hectare paddock where he can fence off any sized portion of the paddock he wishes and intensively graze livestock on it.

"The idea of it is we can play the season as it comes [and] basically grow as much grass as we can," he said.

"There will be 75 cows and 65 calves [and] we'll put them into a five hectare cell; that cell will take about three minutes to set up from a normal cropping paddock."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-19/increased-productivity-with-intensive-rotational-cell-grazing/7642010