Re: [biochar] Graphene Biochar from Proton Power

Erich Knight

Jun 21, 2016, 2:01:18 AM6/21/16
to biochar, se-bi...@googlegroups.com, Soil Age, Johannes Lehmann, Hugh McLaughlin
Hi All,

For a some what challenged physics guy I found this history lesson on neutron sources very helpful.

John Carpenter | History, Development and Application of Neutron Sources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkDUrhrui3Q

Also I wonder about possible synergies Using quantitative 13C nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, when looking at carbon in soils?

Abundant and Stable Char Residues in Soils: Implications for Soil Fertility and Carbon Sequestration
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es301107c

Cheers,

Erich

Erich J. Knight
Shenandoah Gardens
1047 Dave Berry Rd. McGaheysville, VA. 22840
  540-289-9750

Policy & Community Chairman
2013 North American Biochar Symposium
Harvesting Hope: The Science & Synergies of Biochar
October 13-16, 2013 at UMASS Amherst
http://pvbiochar.org/2013-symposium/

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Rick Wilson rww...@yahoo.com [biochar] <bio...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Kelly,

You might want to consider correlating what you see with Raman spectroscopy to the materials water holding capacity, as measured by a pressure plate device.   This measurement is the single most important parameter driving plant growth performance with biochar.

Another rapidly emerging area for biochar is to use it for bio-filtration of storm water runoff.   What is important in this application is Copper, Zinc, and lead sorption.

Rick