Under the influence of a geotherapy, can the anthropocene have a second, restorative, phase?

Benoit Lambert

Dec 30, 2017, 10:37:49 AM12/30/17
to soil-age

David Yarrow

Dec 30, 2017, 12:56:36 PM12/30/17
to Soils
bravo, benoit!
i only read the first 4 paragraphs, and already i am very excited.
thank you.
merci, merci, merci.
mercy = heaven helps us.
david yarrow
Inline image 1

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Benoit Lambert <benoit....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

Thomas Goreau

Dec 31, 2017, 7:15:34 PM12/31/17
to soil...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Sarkisian
Dear Benoit,

Thanks for this, great job!

We will post a link to this on the soil carbon alliance web site.

The Commonwealth Secretariat effort collapsed before Bonn, due to internal political opposition, not sure which countries, but can guess.

I recently found a 1991 paper by Richard Grantham on Activating Geotherapy and Global Bioethics.

I’ll scan it and post it and send to you and Jacques Grineveld.

I’m reading some materials that Jacques wrote on the history of the Biosphere concept, which I’ll write more on soon.

Best wishes for the New Year!
Tom

Thomas J. F. Goreau, PhD
President, Global Coral Reef Alliance
President, Biorock Technology Inc.
Coordinator, Soil Carbon Alliance
Coordinator, United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development Small Island Developing States Partnership in New Sustainable Technologies
37 Pleasant Street, Cambridge, MA 02139
gor...@globalcoral.org
www.globalcoral.org
Skype: tomgoreau
Tel: (1) 617-864-4226

Books:

Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase
http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466595392

Innovative Methods of Marine Ecosystem Restoration
http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466557734

On Dec 30, 2017, at 10:37 AM, Benoit Lambert <benoit....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

joanna campe

Dec 31, 2017, 7:23:57 PM12/31/17
to soil Age, Thomas Sarkisian, Benjamin Rancourt

Dear Benoit,

Congratulations! Well done!

I would like to do  a latest news reprint/report similar to what we did before. Just checking in to see if that would be fine.

I am CCing our science editor Benjamin Rancourt.

My best,

Joanna

Joanna Campe
Executive Director
Remineralize the Earth
152 South Street
Northampton, MA 01060 USA

Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/soil-age.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/soil-age/32c288c5-a7bf-4831-99ce-7aba08242808%40googlegroups.com.

Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
---

Benoit Lambert

Jan 1, 2018, 1:34:18 AM1/1/18
to Soil Age, Thomas Sarkisian, Benjamin Rancourt
sure, happy 2018, it will be a great year !!

Blog, Geotherapy chronicle — for food security & global warming reversal / Chronique d'une géothérapie — pour la sécurité alimentaire & l'inversion du réchauffement planétaire

Conseiller: soil4climate, Sols Vivants Québec

 Actif: soil-age

No one can change the past, everyone can change the future

(from/de Soil Carbon Coalition)

As Vernadsky realized about 100 years ago, life (powered by photosynthesis and carbon cycling) is the most potent geologic force. Carbon cycling (which heavily influences water cycling) underlies almost all of our biggest challenges. Many now realize that humans have become a principle influence on carbon and water cycling, but our influence has been largely inadvertent, and often (e.g. changes in soil carbon in specific places) outside our awareness.

Comme l’a découvert Vernadsky il y a approximativement un siècle, la vie (générée par la photosynthèse et le cycle du carbone) est la plus puissante des forces géologiques. Le cycle du carbone (qui influence fortement le cycle de l’eau) est la principale force derrière tous nos plus importants défis. Plusieurs réalisent aujourd’hui que l’humanité est devenue la principale influence sur les cycles du carbone et de l’eau, mais notre influence s’est produite largement par inadvertance, et souvent (e.g. la diminution des niveaux de carbone des sols) en dehors de notre connaissance.