Fwd: Why we need a National Living Soil Repository

Seth Itzkan

Jan 3, 2018, 6:29:02 PM1/3/18
to soil...@googlegroups.com
This looks like a good paper.

I appreciate the sentiment, of course, but it also still falls into the "scarcity paradigm," i.e., we need a registry because soil is a scare resource that is dwindling and needs to be protected. The alternative perspective says soil is a quickly renewable resource and we should be striving toward abundance.

- s

From: Don Reicosky <don.re...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 10:45 PM
Subject: Why we need a National Living Soil Repository
To: Don Reicosky <don.re...@gmail.com>To all,

An article about the importance of soil and the need for a living soil repository.

Thanks to Jorge Delgado for providing the link to this article.

Click on the link below and then click on the tab below author affiliations labeled PDF to open the document.

Don

http://www.pnas.org/content/114/52/13587?tab=metrics

--
Don Reicosky
Morris, MN USA 56267

Seth J. Itzkan
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/
Join the global movement of scientists, practitioners, and engaged citizens working to make soil a climate solution
soil4climate.org
facebook.com/groups/soil4climate
twitter.com/soil4climate
instagram.com/soil4climate/