Please help the Africa Centre For Holistic Management rebuild after a fire.

Seth

Oct 14, 2016, 11:16:05 PM10/14/16
to Soil Age

"The most important nonprofit in the world"

Dear Soil-Agers, Here's my plea to help support the Africa Centre For Holistic Management rebuild after a fire.

The crowdfunding link, video testimonial, and text of my appeal is below. Please give and share with colleagues. Thank u.

https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/cultivating-abundance-land-wildlife-community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isFEC-u5kdw

Dear Friends,

I’m recording this message from my cabin in the Vermont woods - a place dear to my heart.

And what’s most dear to my heart right now, is that we do everything in our power to support the Africa Center for Holistic Management in Zimbabwe to rebuild after a terrible fire. This unique learning center is, in my opinion, the most important nonprofit in the world.

It is the birthplace of a land management practice that offers promise for our future. At the Africa Center for Holistic Management, people learn to restore their land with livestock - mimicking the patterns of wild ruminants that made the world’s great grasslands possible.

As many of you know, I’ve been deeply involved with the Africa Center. I’ve worked with the dedicated staff, visited the innovative villages who have embraced this technique, and traveled and camped with the herders. There aren’t enough superlatives to express how important this experience has been to my life.

It’s because of the Africa Center that I was inspired, with my colleague Karl Teedemann, to start Soil4Climate. This nonprofit advocates for soil as a climate solution.

I know we can restore grasslands and reverse global warming, but doing so takes courage. At the Africa Center they have that courage. They have the courage, and even, if I may say so, the audacity to believe that with simple solutions - we can solve devastating and seemingly intractable problems. This is the type of visionary thinking we need.

I consider my colleagues at the Africa Center to be my closest allies in our campaign for a livable and joyous future. They are working for us, and now they need us to work them.

Please support their crowdfunding campaign by giving as much as you can. No amount is too much

Thank you.

Siyabonga kakhulu abangane bami.

Inkosi ikubusise.