Soil4Climate Advisory Board member Quinton Zondervan elected to city council of Cambridge, Massachusetts,

1 view

Seth Itzkan

Jan 4, 2018, 1:52:34 AM1/4/18
to soil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone, I'm happy to announce that Soil4Climate Advisory Board member, Quinton Zondervan, was just recently elected to city council of Cambridge, Massachusetts, and is now Cambridge City Councillor Quinton Zondervan. Congratulations! Quinton is a tireless advocate for the environment and climate being formally President of Green Cambridge and was even a speaker at the 2016 Soil4Climate World Soil Day event (held in Cambridge, MA). Below is a link to Quinton speaking at that event, starting at the 56 minute mark of a longer presentation that also featured myself and Dr. Thomas Goreau. Feel free to start from the beginning and watch the whole thing. It's actually a decent presentation (if I say so myself) discussing the promise of soil as a climate solution. Congratulations Cambridge City Councillor Quinton Zondervan!

Also, if you feel so inclined, please donate to the Soil4Climate fundraiser for our food and water security project in Kenya. We are calling this the Maasai Lands Restoration Project and are working with our partners in Kenya, the Maasai Center for Regenerative Pastoralism. The project will help bring a borehole and regenerative, holistic planned grazing to the Enkutoto Nalala village in the Kajiado district of Kenya. This is also a climate solution, as improved grazing builds soil carbon. Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/411284502622057/10215060118762501/
https://www.guidestar.org/profile/81-1282515

Additionally, Here is our 2017 Year End Video. It's 6.5 minutes pure joy! ;-)
https://youtu.be/9iv2ql-6MEk

--
Seth J. Itzkan
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/