"The Civilization of Soil",

Erich Knight

Aug 17, 2016, 12:20:25 AM8/17/16
to Soil Age, biochar, se-bi...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to ad-lib this ending to my "The Civilization of Soil" presentation  next week, (since my computer incompetence is sufficient that I can't edit my Pdf.). Here it is for y'all listers;

USBI 2016 Presentation; http://usbi2016.org/schedule/

How thermal conversion technologies can integrate and optimize the recycling of valuable nutrients while providing energy and building soil carbon, I believe it brings together both sides of climate beliefs. A reconciling of both Gods' and mans' controlling hands.

"The Civilization of Soil",
Hall Marks of The Unintended & Intended Anthropocene
(The full text & citations are on my LinkedIn page;
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/civilization-soils-hall-marks-unintended-intended-erich-j-knight?trk=prof-post  )

(Edits if I could)

I have come to see a new definition of the Anthropocene, divided into two parts, The Unintended and the Intended. The measure which will codify this new age, a manifestation of the Intended Anthropocene, will be increased soil carbon content & with that the restoration of ecosystems and climate stability world wide.

The primary measurement of the establishment of the Unintended Anthropocene is the Ag revolution 12K years ago.  Measured by many proxies of Land Use Changes, (LUC),
The Intended Anthropocene has a single very hard measurement of radionuclides, so we have a hard date of inception; 1964, the test ban treaty. (rocks & sediments don't lie).
Around this time Rachael Carson also clued us in to chemical LUC in "Silent Spring". Since that time the offending measures have declined.

So the Holocene, the age of man, can be measurably divided into Intended & Unintended eras. Now we are at a new Intended age which I call; The Diamond Age.

If I May be so bold,...

As I speak for Biologic Carbon... I speak for the very center of life itself. We have been burning it for one million years, exploiting it out of the soil for 12,000 years and combusting fossil carbon for over 200 years. Now, we can grow nano-structured fossil carbons into an unprecedented variety of materials and even human tissues.

The Stone Age did not end for a lack of stones, as well, the Combustion Age will not end for lack of fossil fuels. Nanotechnology and Terra Preta Soil Technology has thrust The Diamond Age upon us, with it, the rectification of the Carbon and Nitrogen Cycles, Restoring Soil Ecology, In turn rectifying the Hydrologic and Climate Cycles, this train is leaving the station, either get on board or be left in the combusted soot and CO2 pollution of history!

Since we have filled the air, filling the seas to full,
Soil is the only ubiquitous and economic place to put it.

Thank you for your efforts.

Cheers to
Breaking a leg in Oregon,

Erich

Erich J. Knight
Shenandoah Gardens
1047 Dave Berry Rd. McGaheysville, VA. 22840
  540-289-9750

USBI 2016 Presentation; http://usbi2016.org/schedule/
"The Civilization of Soil",
Hall Marks of The Unintended & Intended Anthropocene,
(no slides but the full text & citations are on my LinkedIn page);
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/civilization-soils-hall-marks-unintended-intended-erich-j-knight?trk=hp-feed-article-title-comment

Policy & Community Chairman

2013 North American Biochar Symposium
Harvesting Hope: The Science & Synergies of Biochar
October 13-16, 2013 at UMASS Amherst
http://pvbiochar.org/2013-symposium/