Procrastination My Nemesis,... Humics Do the Heavy Lifting,...

Visto 5 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Erich Knight

no leída,
11 ago 2016, 14:15:0111/8/16
a biochar,se-bi...@googlegroups.com,Soil Age
Dear Char & Soils,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Procrastination No Longer My Nemesis,...

I'm finished the new text & links for my presentation at USBI. Burn a new thumb drive,
Be posting it soon for ya'lls review., comments & edits. Ya'll have seen it in drips & drabs, unifying it I have been putting off. I have plagiarized much of your wisdoms.

The Civilization of Soil is done,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Humics Do the Heavy Lifting,...

Nikolaus Foidl has been asking & probing some disturbing climatological questions concerning the long haul of carbon cycling by Gaia, particularly the ecological buffering of the paleoclimate CO2 records.
This long haul view favors remi wood, hugaculture, over locking C in chars for even further development of ecosphereic life, (aka; biosphere, NPP, Gaia),

I should let Nikolaus present his thoughts to ya'll first,(which he did yesterday) but what he sent to me got me thinking.
But that thinking has not changed my overall thrust that fixing C now, to the soil as char, at the quickest rate we can muster, is necessary because the ecology we have created with LUC, (Land Use Change), can't respond as in past epochs to steep CO2.emissions growth.

As he notes;
 it seems that always when diversity of animals, insects and plants is increasing that the CO2 level is 2 to 3 fold higher then today, we should draw a diversity curve next to the CO2 and O2 curves.

This subject matter should have it's own thread, just don't fit the "Safety Risks of Chemicals" thread

I have never seen this done before, some folks do post treatment like CP with acetic acid under vacuum, but vision for system's integration with separation and reintroduction at different points in the process sounds very promising

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Cheers,

Erich

Erich J. Knight
Shenandoah Gardens
1047 Dave Berry Rd. McGaheysville, VA. 22840
  540-289-9750

USBI 2016 Presentation;
"The Civilization of Soil",
Hall Marks of The Unintended & Intended Anthropocene

Policy & Community Chairman

2013 North American Biochar Symposium
Harvesting Hope: The Science & Synergies of Biochar
October 13-16, 2013 at UMASS Amherst
http://pvbiochar.org/2013-symposium/

Responder a todos
Responder al autor