Closing 4/23: UCS Survey for sustainable agriculture researchers and professionals

Karl Thidemann

Apr 18, 2017, 6:25:46 PM4/18/17
to Soil Age
FYI

Karl
Soil4Climate

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tali Robbins <TRob...@ucsusa.org>
Date: April 18, 2017 at 11:43:24 AM EDT
Subject: [COMFOOD:  ] Closing on April 23: Survey for sustainable agriculture researchers and professionals

The Union of Concerned Scientists is seeking information from experts to learn about their experience in sustainable agriculture research. This survey, closing on April 23, is intended for researchers or other professionals with an advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) and with academic or professional experience that is relevant to sustainable agricultural systems. If you have questions about the survey or its use, please contact Tali Robbins at trob...@ucsusa.org.

Please take 15-20 minutes to fill out this voluntary survey so we can strengthen the case for more funding. This survey will close on April 23 – share your feedback today to ensure your voice is heard.

UCS - Science for a healthy planet and safer world

https://nvlupin.blob.core.windows.net/images/van/UCS/UCS/1/58097/images/sn-logo.png

Please take 15-20 minutes to complete this survey.

Take Survey Before April 23

We want to learn more about the challenges researchers face when seeking funding for and conducting agricultural research. Please take 15-20 minutes to fill out this voluntary survey so we can strengthen the case for more funding.

This survey will close on April 23, so take action now to ensure your voice is heard.

Related Links
https://nvlupin.blob.core.windows.net/images/van/UCS/UCS/1/58097/images/12428.gifWhat We Need Are Farms That Support Farmers, Consumers AND the Environment
https://nvlupin.blob.core.windows.net/images/van/UCS/UCS/1/58097/images/12428.gifScientists Call for Public Investment in Agroecological Research
https://nvlupin.blob.core.windows.net/images/van/UCS/UCS/1/58097/images/12428.gifCounting on Agroecology

https://nvlupin.blob.core.windows.net/images/van/UCS/UCS/1/58097/images/12433.gif

Tell A Colleague
Please encourage your colleagues to sign up and help increase our effectiveness in creating a healthy environment and a safer world. CLICK HERE.

ACTION ALERT
Sustainable Agriculture Scientist Survey

Dear UCS Supporter,

As a scientist, you know that research is critical to solving agricultural challenges like adapting to climate change, reducing pollution, and improving soil health. Yet federal funding for agricultural research is severely lacking, especially for work that is specifically designed to address sustainability.

Please take 15-20 minutes to fill out this voluntary survey so we can strengthen the case for more agricultural research funding. The deadline is Sunday, April 23.

We need to fight not only to maintain and increase support for agricultural research, but also to ensure that more of this funding goes toward research on sustainable agriculture.

We want to learn more about the challenges that researchers like you face when seeking funding for and conducting agricultural research so that we can present compelling scientific data and stories to decisionmakers in Congress and federal agencies.

Our survey will close this Sunday, April 23—share your feedback today so we can strengthen the case for more agricultural research funding. Your survey responses will be kept confidential and no identifying information associated with your answers will be made publicly available.

We look forward to reading your responses and sharing the results with you and your peers!

Sincerely,
Melissa Varga
Leslie Morrison
Senior Outreach Coordinator
Food & Environment Program
Union of Concerned Scientists

donate today

Science for a healthy planet and safer world

UCS is a 501(c)(3) organization. All gifts are tax deductible. You can be confident your donations to UCS are spent wisely

Image

About UCS | Take Action | Donate | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | (Unsubscribing is not supported in sample emails)

Need to let us know about updates to your area of expertise, where you're working, or any awards or recognitions you've recently received? Have you recently graduated or started another degree? Email us at science...@ucsusa.org.

Union of Concerned Scientists
2 Brattle Square | Cambridge, MA 02138-3780

© Union of Concerned Scientists. All rights reserved. www.ucsusa.org