"Experienced problem refreshing table details"

Quantum Newbie

Jan 21, 2014, 9:23:26 AM1/21/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
HI,
Total newbie.

I have a problem trying to acces a table in my Postgresql database.

I set up a connection to my Postgresql database in the Select Projet ...

When I choose Report from the menu, SOFA displays a drop-down list of all the tables available in all the schemas.
So I know that the basic connection to the base works because SOFA has discovered a list of all the available tables and is displaying them alphabetically in a drop-down list.
In my case the uppermost table is called "Action".

Now, when I click on any table other than the one at the top of the list
I get a message that says :
"Experienced problem refreshing table details"

After that I only get to see the contents from the top table.

I want to acces a table named "clients" using the Report Tables but SOFA will only show me the data from Action.

Any ideas ?
(I hope I don't have to import the data into Sofa...)

TIA
Qantum Newbie

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jan 21, 2014, 1:39:25 PM1/21/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That's no good. I just connected to a test PostgreSQL database and
managed to show reports on each of the 3 tables in it so at least the
postgreSQL database plug-in isn't completely broken or anything. Are
there any useful error messages in your
username/sofastats/_internal/output.txt file? It might be an idea to
send that to me at gr...@sofastatistics.com rather than displaying it in
public.

All the best,
Grant
> --
>
> ---

Quantum Newbie

Jan 22, 2014, 8:33:20 AM1/22/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
OK.
Thanks.
Looked there .
Problem seems to be with a python script that receives an unexpected NoneType.

I didn't mention it initially but I was running Sofa from a Windows7 client.
So I downloaded and installed Sofa on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS,  but ... Exact same problem.

I'll send the output.txt to the fixers.

Thx
QN.