Possible to draw values from separate table?

Charles Hartley

Jan 24, 2014, 1:33:05 AM1/24/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

Same project, but I have the "main" table that has most of the data I need. However, in one of the plots I'd like to make, I would like to draw the values from a different table. Specifically:

I have MTF values (variable from 2.0 to 6.0) plotted by Position values (there are 9 positions: 1,2,3, etc., 9). I would like to add the Magnification Factor to this table, which varies by Position (i.e. each Position has its own Mag Factor).

Cheers,
Charles

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jan 29, 2014, 1:20:07 AM1/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

Is your data in SOFA itself or are you connecting to a database with the
data in it?

All the best,
Grant
> --
>
> ---

Charles Hartley

Jan 29, 2014, 1:28:21 AM1/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

This data is all in SOFA, no external sources.

Best,
Charles

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jan 29, 2014, 1:30:21 AM1/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

One approach is to join the data in a spreadsheet and reimport. Another is to make a new table in the underlying SOFA database but you'll need to know some SQL. How many records are we talking?

All the best,
Grant

On Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:33:05 PM UTC-7, Charles Hartley wrote:
Hi Grant,

Same project, but I have the "main" table that has most of the data I need. However, in one of the plots I'd like to make, I would like to draw the values from a different table. Specifically:

I have MTF values (variable from 2.0 to 6.0) plotted by Position values (there are 9 positions: 1,2,3, etc., 9). I would like to add the Magnification Factor to this table, which varies by Position (i.e. each Position has its own Mag Factor).

Cheers,
Charles

Charles Hartley

Jan 29, 2014, 1:33:58 AM1/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

There are 50 cases of test shots. Yes, it may be easiest to simply reimport after adding values, unless you can walk me through the SQL. I don't want to take you away from actual work!

Cheers,
Charles

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jan 29, 2014, 2:03:09 AM1/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

Probably best to avoid SQL in that case. And glad to hear it only involves 50 cases. Makes everything much simpler.

All the best,
Grant