Downloaded SOFAstats but can't find the program

yoc...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2014, 9:48:09 AM3/24/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Using Windows 7 Ultimate.

I ran the .exe using "Run as Administrator" in a regular account. The installation went quickly and - I thought - easily, but when I hit 'Finish', I couldn't find a shortcut for the program itself. Only the Program Files subfolders. How do I open the program?

Thanks!

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 24, 2014, 1:40:55 PM3/24/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't have a Windows 7 machine any more to test with but is there sofastats.exe in the program files folder? That should work.

All the best,
Grant
--

---

yoc...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2014, 4:58:50 AM3/25/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
No, I can't find it in the Program Files folder. I did download one into my Downloads folder.

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 25, 2014, 5:03:21 AM3/25/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Is there a subfolder of program files (I think there might be two versions of program files in Win 7 IIRC)  called sofastats?

Gerd-Ulrich Meyer

Mar 25, 2014, 5:08:09 AM3/25/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com

Hallo
Normally you find the download in the folder Downloads. Form there you run the .exe which extracts and installs the complete program. During Installation you are asked for the target folder i.e "Program Files".
After Installation you can check for example with the Windows Explorer for an .exe in this folder.
A right click with the mouse in this .exe should display a menu where you can create a link on the desktop.
Hope this helps.
Greetings...
Gerd-Ulrich Meyer

yoc...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 2:39:54 AM3/26/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com, gumey...@googlemail.com
Oh hey, I found it! It was hiding without a .exe tag in a list of .py files. Thanks for your help!