Scripting Report Feature

George Self

Jun 4, 2017, 4:41:51 PM6/4/17
to sofastatistics
I'm teaching with SOFA Stats and would really like to be able to generate a report from a script. From the FAQ and various other sources, it seems like SOFA used to have some sort of Export capability that would save a Python script which could then be modified and the re-run as needed. That would be perfect for me but it seems like that feature was removed from SOFA back in about 2011. Is there any capability of automating a report with SOFA? I don't mind working with Python and would be happy to do something like save a script to some default location on the hard drive so SOFA can find it, I just need to know how to work with SOFA scripts. I'm using Windows 10 and SOFA 1.4.6. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jun 5, 2017, 6:15:50 AM6/5/17
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com

Hi George,

I'm working on improving that right now because of another query I received. More soon. I might even have a pre-release version of SOFA 1.5.0 to share with you so we can get this working nicely.

All the best,

Grant

--

---

Self, George

Jun 5, 2017, 9:09:45 AM6/5/17
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Having a scripting capability would make my routine work much easier.

-----
George Self
grs...@gmail.com

---

Gaël Hammer

Feb 15, 2018, 10:50:32 AM2/15/18
to sofastatistics
Hi Grant,

I scripting tool would be great! Your software seems to meet most (if not all) of my colleague's reporting needs, but for the possibility to re-run the same analysis at some later point, or create example code and then modify it in my favourite text editor. I would be happy to see this feature.

Gaël