trouble downloading SOFA

Ann

Mar 4, 2014, 10:24:09 AM3/4/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
I have a MAC BOOOK Retina, OS X  version 10.9.1

Every time I try to download on the main sofa statistics web page with the link for mac  it kicks back a message saying "not compatible with your OS.  Instead we recommend trying GENiO".  I downloaded GENiO, but it is just a newspaper style main page.  Not what I wanted.  I need this for my Statistics class and my professor says he has a 10.9.1 version mac OS.  What is my problem???  Is it the OS X I have thats the issue?

Please Help!!

Linda Tyler

Mar 4, 2014, 11:27:00 AM3/4/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue.  Please give us a solution.

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 4, 2014, 1:23:40 PM3/4/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Linda and Ann,

I think it may well be an issue with the OS X version but I can't be sure. 10.9 is mavericks and I don't know one way or the other whether my current SOFA package works with that. Has your statistics professor managed to get SOFA working on his mac? If so, it would be useful to know what he did differently. I could then add instructions to the downloads page. It is fine for your professor to email me directly at gr...@sofastatistics.com if that helps.

All the best,
Grant
--

---

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 5, 2014, 2:10:19 PM3/5/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann,

Do you get the incompatibility message before you can successfully download the zip file or when you try opening it? And are you trying to download SOFA via a web browser (Safari presumably) or some other way?

All the best,
Grant

Ann Skowronek

Mar 5, 2014, 3:23:06 PM3/5/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
I get the message after it is downloaded.  My problem is installing it.  I am using Safari as my browser.

--

---

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 5, 2014, 3:35:10 PM3/5/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ann,

Does this help? There is a setting that allows you to install apps from the internet.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5290

Please let me know if that works and I'll add a note to the Mac part of the downloads page.

All the best,
Grant

Ann Skowronek

Mar 6, 2014, 1:01:14 PM3/6/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Clark
Bravo.  That absolutely did it!!!!!  That will make my life lots easier now.  Thank you sooooo much for your dedication to getting this issue straightened out.  Obviously it will help many other people in the same situation as well.

Ann

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 6, 2014, 1:09:45 PM3/6/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Ah excellent - I'll update the documentation etc to help others - thanks for raising the issue.