Staring New Project

Brandon Ryan

Mar 18, 2016, 5:27:38 PM3/18/16
to sofastatistics
Hello,

My name is Brandon Ryan, I am a psychology student and was just introduced to SOFA stats in my experimental research class. I have to redo an assignment and I'm just wondering how to start an entirely new project with the same data in SOFA stats?

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 18, 2016, 6:32:27 PM3/18/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon,

Do you mean put the results into a new report? Or use different variable and value labels? Sorry - I'll try to advise but I don't understand. Or do you mean importing the data into another computer which has SOFA on it?

All the best,
Grant

--

---

Brandon Ryan

Mar 18, 2016, 8:04:23 PM3/18/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
I mean putting in the same data and obtaining new results

--

---

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 18, 2016, 9:09:51 PM3/18/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Err surely with the same data you'll get the same results (hopefully!). I'm guessing you mean a new report. To do that just edit the name of the report and it will be saved to that new location when you run the analysis.
new_report_name.png

Brandon Ryan

Mar 19, 2016, 11:42:20 AM3/19/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Grant, I am very sorry if this sounds too intrusive. But is there any way I could call you? I am still super confused.

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 19, 2016, 2:47:50 PM3/19/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
I don't object in principle but you do realise I'm in New Zealand?

Anyway, have another try to elaborate exactly what your goals are and I'm sure we can get an answer of some sort.

Brandon Ryan

Mar 19, 2016, 4:29:44 PM3/19/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
I need to redo this, tests in all. All over again. How do I do that?
default_report.doc

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 22, 2016, 2:32:28 PM3/22/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Looking at the report it looks like the tests are all quite clearly identified by the wordings. Do some random tests with the existing in-built demo data to work out what is what and then run it with the real data into a fresh report. That's what I would do. I hope that helps. I can't help being curious as to how you got into this situation. Did something go wrong?