Mean split

Al Right

Oct 28, 2014, 3:38:09 PM10/28/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Can  I use sofast to do a mean split?  If so, please can you tell me how?

thanks

Grant Paton-Simpson

Oct 29, 2014, 3:30:46 AM10/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Al,

Looking into your question briefly I came across this: http://www.uvm.edu/~dhowell/gradstat/psych341/lectures/Factorial2Folder/Median-split.html. Looked interesting. Anyway, there is no direct way of doing a mean split but it would be easy enough to do in a couple of steps using SOFA:

1) identify median value of a variable doing a row table with that variable as the column variable
2) recode the variable into two groups depending on >= that value
3) analyse using the new binary variable

A solution?

All the best,
Grant

--