Add a new CSS style sheet for charts

highwaykind

May 29, 2014, 4:16:49 AM5/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
For someone who like me is searching this group looking for the place to add their own CSS style sheets:
(When you mouse over it says Select and existing css style file)

It's not the Program Filesx86 css folder but:

C:\Users\YourName\sofastats\css

Then it shows up in the list that has
default
grey spirals
lucid spirals
pebbles
prestige (print)
prestige (screen).

Grant Paton-Simpson

May 29, 2014, 5:33:11 AM5/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Yep - that's right. BTW I'll answer the other question you asked once I get to the weekend. I've done some initial research but it is a bit trickier than it may seem.
--

---

highwaykind

May 29, 2014, 6:25:59 AM5/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

No need to hurry.
Our deadline (I'm helping my sister) is Monday morning, so everything has to be finished before that.
I'll just export to HTML, and have her type out values in Word tables while I manually hover over bars in firefox.

I figured it maybe is a display:none somewhere, that you might be able to comment out, but the one I tried didn't do much.

Corien

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sofastatistics" group.

Grant Paton-Simpson

May 29, 2014, 3:32:50 PM5/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corien,

Cool. One time saver idea - to get the figures, just make a report table with the same fields. No hovering needed. You might even be able to paste the contents of the table directly into WORD, or export the table as an image and put that in WORD.

All the best,
Grant

highwaykind

May 30, 2014, 4:28:32 AM5/30/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

Found the report tables :)
Except
SOFA seems to be taking the 'wrong' percentage amounts.
My Excel file has the respondents divided into 3 subgroups (age), and I graph per age group. The percentage SOFA shows is per subgroup (making each subgroup 100% total), and not for the whole 'population' (of 309 people).

But I can use it to export absolute frequencies.
hen copy/paste that into excel, and change the frequency to a "freq/309 = percentage", and paste that into Word.

Is there a quick way to have SOFA take a percentage of the full population - or is this just how I imported it from an Excel file?
(I mean, if I wanted to be able to say something about 'within subgroup 1, X % does A' these SOFA outputs would be extremely handy ;) )

Corien

Grant Paton-Simpson

May 30, 2014, 3:59:34 PM5/30/14

On 30/05/14 20:28, highwaykind wrote:
Hi Grant,

Found the report tables :)
Except
SOFA seems to be taking the 'wrong' percentage amounts.
My Excel file has the respondents divided into 3 subgroups (age), and I graph per age group. The percentage SOFA shows is per subgroup (making each subgroup 100% total), and not for the whole 'population' (of 309 people).

But I can use it to export absolute frequencies.
hen copy/paste that into excel, and change the frequency to a "freq/309 = percentage", and paste that into Word.

Is there a quick way to have SOFA take a percentage of the full population
I don't think so sorry so you'll just have to use the frequency and the total.

All the best,
Grant

highwaykind

May 31, 2014, 5:52:36 AM5/31/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
No problem, copy paste in Excel works fine :)
I'm dreaming in bar charts. 2 more days.
Corien