Minor errors detected upon loading

Tiron Andric

Jan 27, 2016, 8:18:06 AM1/27/16
to sofastatistics
Hi all,

I have just installed SOFA on my Arch linux (many thanks for the installer) and almost everything works fine.

Almost meaning when I run SOFA from the command line I can observe two errors while the program is loading:
Couldn't find path: /usr/share/pyshared/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_ms_access.py
Couldn't find path: /usr/share/pyshared/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_ms_sql.py
I can employ logic and conclude that the missing plugin files are for importing MS files but it would be nice to have confirmation.

Other error is Python2 related and not of great significance I presume:
Cannot set locale to 'en_GB'

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jan 27, 2016, 2:49:45 PM1/27/16
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tiron,

Thanks for the feedback. The MS Access and MS SQL Server errors are because the OS is not Windows (those databases only run on Windows). I didn't make the Arch package myself but those files are not required. I don't include them in the deb package.

    # database engines - do not include Microsoft-only dbe plugins in deb package
    cp sofa_main/dbe_plugins/__init__.py $(CURDIR)/debian/sofastats/usr/share/pyshared/sofastats/dbe_plugins/__init__.py
    cp sofa_main/dbe_plugins/dbe_mysql.py $(CURDIR)/debian/sofastats/usr/share/pyshared/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_mysql.py
    cp sofa_main/dbe_plugins/dbe_postgresql.py $(CURDIR)/debian/sofastats/usr/share/pyshared/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_postgresql.py
    cp sofa_main/dbe_plugins/dbe_sqlite.py $(CURDIR)/debian/sofastats/usr/share/pyshared/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_sqlite.py
    cp sofa_main/dbe_plugins/dbe_cubrid.py $(CURDIR)/debian/sofastats/usr/share/pyshared/sofastats/dbe_plugins/dbe_cubrid.py

All the best,
Grant
--

---