all x-values not showing on scatterplot

Charles Hartley

Jan 24, 2014, 1:20:15 AM1/24/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

I've got some real simple graphs I'm trying to plot, but when I generate the plot the only values that show are "0" (of course) and "10" when possible values are fixed at "1" "2" "4" "8" "16" (integration times for x-ray setup).

It seems odd because I have another chart I ran that only has 9 values (1-9) and each of the values prints along x-axis.

Cheers,
Charles
0001_Scatterplot_It_vs_Mtf.png

Grant Paton-Simpson

Jan 29, 2014, 3:42:43 AM1/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,

I've altered a setting so that the minor ticks show unless there are fewer than 4 separate x values (it was set to 10 for reasons I can't remember). So the next version will fix that. Or you can manually change line 2653 (approx) from

        few_unique_x_vals = (len(x_set) < 10)

        few_unique_x_vals = (len(x_set) < 4)

in charting_output.py (e.g. in Program Files\sofatstats).

All the best,
Grant
--

---

Charles Hartley

Jan 29, 2014, 10:57:46 AM1/29/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks Grant. Yes, I'll go ahead and change my version for now.

Cheers,
Charles