Problem with " lib.ue" importing my_globals during installation

Mauricio Fernandez

Mar 10, 2014, 4:54:14 PM3/10/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just downloaded sofastats-1.4.2.tar.gz and was trying to install it but I'm facing the following error, so I will appreciate any idea on how to fix it, I already ensure to have the libs referenced:

[mfernandez@laptop sofastats-1.4.2]$ su -c ./INSTALL.sh
Password:
This script will need to be run as root or superuser to succeed
if you are installing to system directories (the default).
About to transfer all SOFA Statistics files into /usr/share/sofastats.
Press any key to proceed.

About to launch SOFA Statistics. NB to look for any warnings about missing dependencies e.g. wxPython.
If this fails with a message about the X display, just run the following command manually (assumes python 2.6 or 2.7):
/usr/bin/python /usr/share/sofastats/start.py
Press any key to proceed.

Just imported warnings
Just imported codecs
Just imported datetime
Just imported gettext
Just imported glob
Just imported os
Just imported platform
Just imported shutil
Just imported sqlite3
Just imported sys
Just imported traceback
Just ran wxversion
Just imported wx
Just identified locale folder
Just installed gettext
Problem with importing my_globals. Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/setup.py", line 82, in <module>
    import my_globals as mg # has translated text
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/my_globals.py", line 925, in <module>
    config_globals.import_dbe_plugins() # as late as possible because uses local
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/config_globals.py", line 85, in import_dbe_plugins
    import lib
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/lib.py", line 23, in <module>
    import core_stats
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/core_stats.py", line 14, in <module>
    import getdata
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/getdata.py", line 13, in <module>
    import db_grid
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/db_grid.py", line 10, in <module>
    import config_output
  File "/usr/share/sofastats/config_output.py", line 15, in <module>
    print(u"Problem with export_output. Orig error: %s" % lib.ue(e))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ue'

Please note the messages above (e.g. with a screen-shot) and press any key to close

Thank you.

Grant Paton-Simpson

Mar 11, 2014, 3:51:53 PM3/11/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mauricio,

I'll try to do an install and see if I can figure it out; hopefully with an answer. It is almost certainly to do with the fact that export_output.py has new dependencies which weren't updated in the readme - namely pyPDF and PythonMagick. Does installing them make the problem go away?

Although I am surprised that lib didn't have attribute ue by this stage. I'll have to run it through on a test system.

All the best,
Grant
--

---

Mauricio Fernandez

Mar 11, 2014, 4:46:58 PM3/11/14
to sofasta...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

Well it was enough to me installing pyPdf

Thank you for your support.

+Mauricio

El martes, 11 de marzo de 2014 14:51:53 UTC-5, Grant Paton-Simpson escribió:
Hi Mauricio,

I'll try to do an install and see if I can figure it out; hopefully with an answer. It is almost certainly to do with the fact that export_output.py has new dependencies which weren't updated in the readme - namely pyPDF and PythonMagick. Does installing them make the proble for m go away?