Can't install Sofa Stat 1.4.6-1_ALL.deb

Cigarjoe

Oct 6, 2016, 11:27:02 AM10/6/16
to sofastatistics
I have an HP ENVY running the latest LTS version of Ubuntu. I've downloaded the Sofa package several times. When I open the pkg and click on the install button, nothing happens. Any suggestions?  Thanks net.  cj

Domenico Somma

Dec 29, 2016, 6:57:37 AM12/29/16
to sofastatistics
I have the same issue. Did you fix it?

domenico@domenico-HP-ENVY-Notebook:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i sofa*
Selecting previously unselected package sofastats.
(Reading database ... 201812 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack sofastats-1.4.6-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking sofastats (1.4.6-1) ...
dpkg
: dependency problems prevent configuration of sofastats:
 sofastats depends on python
-wxversion (>= 2.8.9.2); however:

Package python-wxversion is not installed.
 sofastats depends on python
-wxgtk2.8 (>= 2.8.9.2); however:

Package python-wxgtk2.8 is not installed.
 sofastats depends on python
-mysqldb (>= 1.2.2); however:

Package python-mysqldb is not installed.
 sofastats depends on python
-psycopg2 (>= 2.0); however:

Package python-psycopg2 is not installed.
 sofastats depends on python
-matplotlib (>= 0.98.5.2); however:

Package python-matplotlib is not installed.
 sofastats depends on python
-webkit (>= 1.0.0); however:

Package python-webkit is not installed.
 sofastats depends on wkhtmltopdf
(>= 0.9.9); however:

Package wkhtmltopdf is not installed.
 sofastats depends on pdftk
(>= 1.44); however:

Package pdftk is not installed.
 sofastats depends on python
-pypdf (>= 1.12); however:

Package python-pypdf is not installed.
 sofastats depends on python
-pythonmagick (>= 0.9); however:

Package
dpkg
: error processing package sofastats (--install):
 dependency problems
- leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.13.3-6ubuntu3.1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu5) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.59ubuntu1) ...
 sofastats

Domenico Somma

Dec 29, 2016, 7:28:38 AM12/29/16
to sofastatistics
Found a workaround

echo "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu wily main universe" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/wily-copies.list
sudo apt update
sudo apt install python
-wxgtk2.8
sudo rm
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/wily-copies.list
sudo apt update
sudo dpkg
-i sofastats-1.4.6-1_all.deb
sudo apt