how to force close a client from node.js side

Chris-S

Feb 28, 2014, 8:17:32 PM2/28/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
I'm writing in some admin options for my game room, such as /kick user, which is then sent to the server, which gets the user's socket handle, but something simple like socket.close() has no method, how can I drop users from the server side?
I'm using JS as the client side, so the client-side disconnect code could easily be changed to be ignored by the user, so it has to be a server side disconnect - Unless I do something more elaborate such as ignore all future calls from that socket, is that necessary?

-Chris

Chris-S

Mar 1, 2014, 8:25:09 AM3/1/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Do apologize, I had the socket defined but unusable, my own fault.

some_user_socket.close(); works perfectly fine from the server side.