IE9 issues with secure sockjs connections

Debby Mendez

Apr 4, 2014, 3:07:58 PM4/4/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
I just got started today with sockjs-tornado and all's well except for (you guessed it!) IE9.

I want all my sockjs connections to be secure, regardless of the page protocol.  I have two problems in IE9:

1. When my page is served over http, it cannot open a secure connection.  onopen is never called and there is no output to the console (no "Opening transport..." as with other browsers). What are best next steps to debug?

[Even when IE9 makes a successful insecure connection, there is no console output.]

2. When my page is served over https, I get the mixed content warning.  I understand from other posts that this is sometimes associated with iframe-htmlfile (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13417069/sockjs-having-problems-with-ie9).  I think I need to set sockjs_url, but where?  I did not see that setting mentioned in the docs.  Also, IE9 can use XDomainRequest without an iframe proxy if both the page and the connection url are secure.  Why would it be using the iframe? Or is it just setting up the iframe just in case it is needed, but isn't actually going to use it?

Also, a general best practice question - is this a good way to read the .rst docs:
 or should I download the files and use docutils locally?

Thanks

Debby Mendez

Apr 10, 2014, 11:25:52 AM4/10/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Setting sockjs_url to secure url fixed both problems.