Welcome Bryce!

Marek Majkowski

Apr 29, 2014, 12:17:01 PM4/29/14
to SockJS, Bryce Kahle
Hi,

Please welcome Bryce, who volunteered to help out with SockJS.

As you've surely noticed I haven't been very active recently. This is
caused for a number of reasons, one of them is that SockJS was always
considered a temporary project. The idea was to give older browsers a
websocket-like API, while new browsers were stabilising the native
implementations.

Few years later I believe the case for SockJS is shrinking. New
browsers do have a reasonable native support for websockets and ws
connections over SSL are pretty stable.

Unfortunately the tail of older browsers is still pretty long. IE10 is
still not the dominating version and there still are plenty of old not
upgraded iOS devices with ancient Safari. All that means that SockJS
still is useful for a large number of people.

Cheers,
Marek

arju...@gmail.com

May 24, 2014, 6:40:27 AM5/24/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com, Bryce Kahle
Hi Bryce!! Thank you for taking this on! :)