IE9 socket closing after Error 1006, polling error (permanent)

rcon...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 3:34:07 PM2/24/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am using sock-js-0.3.4.js in a vert.x webservice I am making.  Every other browser works great with SockJS and vert.x's vertxbus implementation to wrap SockJS.  However, when I use IE (I am testing with IE9 at the moment), the socket hits line 1120:

case 'c':
        var payload = JSON.parse(data.slice(1) || '[]');
        that._didClose(payload[0], payload[1]);     <------------- 1120
        break;

And the payload is the 1006 error for polling.  This then closes the socket I assume, correct?

In Fiddler I see logs saying this to me:
15:32:08:9008 HTTPSLint> Warning: ClientHello record was 508 bytes long. Some servers have problems with ClientHello's greater than 255 bytes. https://github.com/ssllabs/research/wiki/Long-Handshake-Intolerance

Would you think this is the issue or is there something else in IE that causes this to happen?

Summary of Questions:
1. Does the 1006 error cause the socket to close?
2. Is the above fiddler error the cause or is there something else happening within IE?

Thank you!!!!

-RC