Can I browserify or similar the sockjs-client code to get it into the browser?

Tim Coote

Jul 20, 2015, 5:38:39 AM7/20/15
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Hullo

I'm trying to bridge sockjs from ipv6, where I don't need to worry about NATting to ipv4 browsers, which is all that mobile phones can get at the moment.

My starting point is to use *.ipv4.sixxs.org, which, given a ur that maps to an ipv4 address: www.example.com/wibble, I can substitute www.example.com.ipv4.sixxs.org/wibble in my browser and I've got an end to end link. The bridge makes up the A record for the long url, on the fly.

The standard approach for setting up the code in the browser is to use:

The url in the middle has no ipv6 address, so the javascript cannot recover the library.

Is there any way to serve up the library from my own host ? I'd guessed that browserify might work, but if that's the case, why does the documentation use the standard approach above?

tia

Tim

Bryce Kahle

Jul 20, 2015, 1:33:38 PM7/20/15
to tim.c...@gmail.com, soc...@googlegroups.com
Download the javascript file and serve it up yourself. Seems pretty simple, so I feel like I’m missing something more complicated that you are doing.

Bryce