IE sockJS sends 3 times then closes connection silently

Ryan Conrad

Mar 30, 2014, 3:20:43 PM3/30/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
All,

I have been trying to solve a problem with SockJS in IE for a while now.  I previously posted here and found a fix that worked, but it might have just worked for some wierd reason because the error is back again.

I have a setup with localhost, and I never need to be on any domain, I will always be on localhost, so I changed the line 2050 in sockjs-0.3.4 to use the InfoReceiverFake() when doing local stuff and while in IE.  This was the previous fix that somewhat worked but now the problem is back where the connections I have open with sockjs will close after pushing events for about 10-20 seconds.

Is there anyway to make IE work flawlessy while using localhost/running locally, always?  It seems like it should be since you dont need the complex machinery, just some way to pass events locally, is this already in SockJS?

-Ryan C.

Ryan Conrad

Mar 30, 2014, 3:23:15 PM3/30/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com

Ryan Conrad

Mar 30, 2014, 3:30:04 PM3/30/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Update on this:  So right after I posted I tried changing the domain to be 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in the sockjs code for when it grabs that, and all of a sudden it works for IE, so that 2050 line fix, and making it so its always called 127.0.0.1 fixes this problem incase anyone else encounters this rare error. (polling error(permenant) 1006 while on IE)