IE Polling Error 1006 causing socket closings

Ryan Conrad

Feb 24, 2014, 3:42:17 PM2/24/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am running sock-js-0.3.4 and I am using vert.x to build my webservice.  So far the other browsers work great with SockJS and vertx's vertxbus wrapper for SockJS connections.  However in IE(using IE9 at the moment), the connection keeps hitting line 1120:

case 'c':
        var payload = JSON.parse(data.slice(1) || '[]');
        that._didClose(payload[0], payload[1]);  <---------- 1120
        break;

Which says error 1006, Polling error (permanent) in the payload.  Does this cause the socket to close?  If so, what in IE would be causing this to happen?

I have seen this show up in my fiddler but I dont know/think this is the problem:
15:41:02:8551 HTTPSLint> Warning: ClientHello record was 508 bytes long. Some servers have problems with ClientHello's greater than 255 bytes. https://github.com/ssllabs/research/wiki/Long-Handshake-Intolerance

Could that be why my IE connections always close with that polling error or is there something else in IE causing this?

Thanks!!!

-RC

Ryan Conrad

Feb 26, 2014, 9:21:59 AM2/26/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any insight to this?

Ryan Conrad

Mar 4, 2014, 12:48:48 PM3/4/14
to soc...@googlegroups.com
Here was the fix: Line 2050....

if (utils.isSameOriginUrl(base_url)) {
        // If, for some reason, we have SockJS locally - there's no
        // need to start up the complex machinery. Just use ajax.
        if(navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"){
          //return new InfoReceiver(base_url, utils.XDRObject); //would need to be 127.0.0.1 but it still didnt work, use fake instead
          return new InfoReceiverFake();
        } else {
          return new InfoReceiver(base_url, utils.XHRLocalObject);
        }
    }

-RC