Obama's Choice

bfla...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2016, 6:29:55 PM2/14/16
You probably have heard of "Hobson's Choice"? Well, there is a rumor
current about Obama's Choice. Obama is going to nominate Joe Biden
for the Big Court!

A brilliant choice. Everyone loves Joe and the Repubs will suffer
at the polls if they attempt delay tactics.

GLOBALIST

Feb 14, 2016, 6:36:22 PM2/14/16
I am all for it...Catholics already are the majority and Biden will be one more Catholic for our SC

John Q. Public

Feb 14, 2016, 6:36:40 PM2/14/16
He can do a recess appointment of anyone his heart desires and the
Senate can't do squat. The last President to do that was Ike.

--
John Q. Public

Jim_Higgins

Feb 14, 2016, 7:16:30 PM2/14/16
GASP! Giggles the Clown on SCOTUS????

--
Hussein Obama working hard to destroy America

islander

Feb 14, 2016, 7:52:49 PM2/14/16
I assume that you are kidding. I like Joe a lot, but he is hardly a
Constitutional scholar.

Bolt Lits AG

Feb 14, 2016, 7:59:00 PM2/14/16
On 2/14/2016 3:29 PM, bfla...@gmail.com wrote:

Alternative: Obama nominates *himself* for the USSC, with offer to
step down and leave the country to ... President Biden.

Heh heh.

islander

Feb 14, 2016, 8:00:17 PM2/14/16

Jim_Higgins

Feb 14, 2016, 8:04:30 PM2/14/16
Very interesting article Islander. Thanks for the post.

mg

Feb 14, 2016, 8:05:12 PM2/14/16
I don't think there's a chance in a million that Biden would be
nominated, for several reasons. One of them is that he's not
qualified. It's true that he graduated from law school, but it
doesn't look like he has ever actually worked as a lawyer.

He didn't graduate from a prestigious school and his record in law
school is stained by receiving an "F" grade because of plagiarism.
He was allowed to retake the course and he wound up graduating 76th
of 85 in his class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

islander

Feb 14, 2016, 8:15:01 PM2/14/16
Oh, now that idea is creative!

mg

Feb 14, 2016, 8:28:13 PM2/14/16
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:58:59 -0800, Bolt Lits AG <in...@nation.al>
wrote:
If I understand the constitution correctly, that would make Paul
Ryan Vice President. Then if Biden was assassinated by Anita Hill,
for example, that would make Orrin Hatch Vice President and Paul
Ryan would become President. Then Ryan would appoint John McCain as
Secretary of State and McCain would start a war with Russia
resulting in a full-blown nuclear war and that would be the end of
the world as we know it. So, that's probably not a great idea.

Bolt Lits AG

Feb 14, 2016, 8:40:40 PM2/14/16
On 2/14/2016 5:28 PM, mg wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:58:59 -0800, Bolt Lits AG <in...@nation.al>
> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Alternative: Obama nominates *himself* for the USSC, with offer to
>> step down and leave the country to ... President Biden.
>>
>> Heh heh.
>>
> If I understand the constitution correctly, that would make Paul
> Ryan Vice President. Then if Biden was assassinated by Anita Hill,
> for example, that would make Orrin Hatch Vice President and Paul
> Ryan would become President. Then Ryan would appoint John McCain as
> Secretary of State and McCain would start a war with Russia
> resulting in a full-blown nuclear war and that would be the end of
> the world as we know it. So, that's probably not a great idea.

That sounds like a Tom Clancy novel written on psychedelic drugs. ;-)

John Q. Public

Feb 14, 2016, 8:46:45 PM2/14/16
Oh well, I guess Bernie or Hillary will have to do it.

--
John Q. Public

islander

Feb 14, 2016, 10:07:46 PM2/14/16
That kind of record didn't seem to handicap John McCain, but then no one
is seriously suggesting that he be placed on the Supreme Court either!
Perhaps we ought to seriously consider that political bias should be a
disqualifying trait for a candidate?

mg

Feb 14, 2016, 11:15:26 PM2/14/16
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:07:42 -0800, islander <no...@priracy.com>
wrote:
Appointing a politician to the Supreme Court strikes me as being a
little bit like marrying a prostitute. I suppose it might be OK to
marry a prostitute who didn't do it for very long, but the idea of
marrying an old, long-time professional is really revolting.

mg

Feb 14, 2016, 11:33:18 PM2/14/16
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:40:39 -0800, Bolt Lits AG <in...@nation.al>
Oh, I thought that's what we were already doing. :-)

rumpelstiltskin

Feb 15, 2016, 12:05:34 AM2/15/16
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:29:53 -0800 (PST), bfla...@gmail.com wrote:

Huh, that is a good idea! I never thought of that.
I don't know how adept Biden is about maneuvering
the legal rats-nest, but at least I think his heart is
in the right place which is something I wouldn't
have said about Scalia.

islander

Feb 15, 2016, 11:39:23 AM2/15/16
What is the old saying? The ideal wife is a lady in the drawing room
and a whore in the bedroom.

islander

Feb 15, 2016, 11:41:57 AM2/15/16
An argument that comes up from time to time is that perhaps we should
consider placing someone with a heart on the Supreme Court.

mg

Feb 15, 2016, 11:44:12 AM2/15/16
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:39:19 -0800, islander <no...@priracy.com>
I think most men, though, would rather marry a lady and then try to
turn her into a whore in the bedroom than they would marry a whore
and try to turn her into a lady in the parlor.

islander

Feb 15, 2016, 12:15:31 PM2/15/16
Obama will evidently force the issue which will serve to put Republicans
in a box if he nominates someone who has impeccable credentials. That
will force the Republicans to appear even more obstructionist which is
what they are now desperately attempting to escape. It will probably
drag out all year and the one good thing that will come out of it is
that Democrats will realize that it is vitally important that we win
back the Senate.

islander

Feb 15, 2016, 9:24:20 PM2/15/16
Men are not that smart. They still think that they can change a woman.
News flash! You cannot!

mg

Feb 15, 2016, 9:29:20 PM2/15/16
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 18:24:16 -0800, islander <no...@priracy.com>
Here's a quote, purportedly from Albert Einstein, that I agree with:

"MEN MARRY WOMEN WITH THE HOPE THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE. WOMEN MARRY
MEN WITH THE HOPE THEY WILL CHANGE. INVARIABLY THEY ARE BOTH
DISAPPOINTED." – ALBERT EINSTEIN
http://allwomenstalk.com/interesting-quotes/3

islander

Feb 16, 2016, 10:55:20 AM2/16/16
Everyone changes. Just not always for the better. Those beautiful
young Italian women turn into fat noisy old women has been my
observation. Have you noticed how many old men have beer bellies?

Marry a woman with brains is my advice to the young men. They seem to
get smarter as they age.

rumpelstiltskin

Feb 16, 2016, 11:25:14 AM2/16/16
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 07:55:13 -0800, islander <no...@priracy.com> wrote:
<snip>

>Marry a woman with brains is my advice to the young men. They seem to
>get smarter as they age.

Is that necessarily a good thing?

islander

Feb 16, 2016, 11:47:43 AM2/16/16
Probably not if the husband is insecure.

Bolt Lits AG

Feb 16, 2016, 1:00:06 PM2/16/16
On 2/16/2016 7:55 AM, islander wrote:

> Marry a woman with brains is my advice to the young men. They seem to
> get smarter as they age.

That seems to have worked. I wouldn't be retired now if it wasn't for
the one I married.

mg

Feb 16, 2016, 5:28:58 PM2/16/16
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 07:55:13 -0800, islander <no...@priracy.com>
My motto has always been to marry someone who loves you more than
you love them. Then when you're not around, they won't be looking
for greener pastures.

rumpelstiltskin

Feb 17, 2016, 12:21:31 AM2/17/16
IOW, dubious!