Gross?

bfla...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2018, 11:14:31 PM1/6/18
Everyone seems to be complaining these days have you noticed?
I mean if it isn't about Trump or something political then it's
about the weather how to protect your nether parts from freezing.
(One suggestion I've read for those folks who shop at Walmart is
to wear a second pair of PJ.s over the pajamas) Frankly, it gets
a bit tiresome all this whining, bitching, moaning and outcry.
What the world needs now is "love" I heard someone singing last
century.

Anyway...

My friend Fred was complaining the other day saying that his
significant other of many years drinks directly from the milk carton.
Fred thinks this very, very gross particularly disturbing because
she has no issues then offering our soiled milk to unsuspecting guests.

While I don't have this particular predilection ie, drinking milk or
other liquid except single serving liquids directly from the carton
or bottle, I do confess to other possibly gross behaviors such as not
putting the toilet lid down all the time. (This according to Goodwife)

Other than that I'm pretty much perfect-much like Trump. Having said
that mouthful, I don't think drinking milk from the carton is all that
bad but I draw the line at drinking small dollops of the juice of the
grape directly from the jug though a hit or two directly of the "Shine"
is OK. Alcohol, you know, is a potent germ killer. Think mouth wash.

islander

Jan 7, 2018, 9:59:30 AM1/7/18
Besides, it cuts down on all that washing of glasses! It is really all
about efficiency.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 7, 2018, 10:53:06 AM1/7/18
On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 20:14:28 -0800 (PST), bfla...@gmail.com wrote:

>Everyone seems to be complaining these days have you noticed?
>I mean if it isn't about Trump or something political then it's
>about the weather how to protect your nether parts from freezing.
>(One suggestion I've read for those folks who shop at Walmart is
>to wear a second pair of PJ.s over the pajamas) Frankly, it gets
>a bit tiresome all this whining, bitching, moaning and outcry.
>What the world needs now is "love" I heard someone singing last
>century.
>
>Anyway...
>
>My friend Fred was complaining the other day saying that his
>significant other of many years drinks directly from the milk carton.
>Fred thinks this very, very gross particularly disturbing because
>she has no issues then offering our soiled milk to unsuspecting guests.
>
>While I don't have this particular predilection ie, drinking milk or
>other liquid except single serving liquids directly from the carton
>or bottle, I do confess to other possibly gross behaviors such as not
>putting the toilet lid down all the time. (This according to Goodwife)

Your solution should be to install a urinal in your bathroom.
Everybody needs a toilet for #2, but women use toilets for
#1 too and they don't realize what a poor solution a toilet
is for men to do #1. I suppose women have the same
problem as men with flanges that stick together so that the
first bit of pee can go in unpredictable directions, but they're
sitting down so it always hits the side of the toilet for them.
Men are standing up, and women don't appreciate the
logistical difference. That difference is why urinals were
invented for men, although at my very first (teenaged)
job, my boss said of one guy, "Dougie Baer" (not sure of
the spelling) that he had been working women's jobs for
so long that he sat down to pee.

This is my first boss:
https://tinyurl.com/ybypp4bq
I'm sure he'd be happy with what the memorial says
about him. He's the funniest person I've ever met.
He could tell a joke such that it made everyone's
sides split with laughter, though if they retold the
same joke to others, it didn't seem nearly as funny.

mg

Jan 7, 2018, 12:43:52 PM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 07:53:04 -0800, rumpelstiltskin<x...@y.com>
wrote:
Shortly after I got married, my wife asked me to please sit
down on the toilet so that she didn't have to clean piss up
off the floor, etc., and now after all these years, and now
that I'm pushing 80, I still do. Pissing on the floor seems
so barbaric to me now.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 7, 2018, 3:35:23 PM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 10:43:50 -0700, mg <no...@none.nl> wrote:
<snip>

>> Your solution should be to install a urinal in your bathroom.
>>Everybody needs a toilet for #2, but women use toilets for
>>#1 too and they don't realize what a poor solution a toilet
>>is for men to do #1. I suppose women have the same
>>problem as men with flanges that stick together so that the
>>first bit of pee can go in unpredictable directions, but they're
>>sitting down so it always hits the side of the toilet for them.
>>Men are standing up, and women don't appreciate the
>>logistical difference. That difference is why urinals were
>>invented for men, although at my very first (teenaged)
>>job, my boss said of one guy, "Dougie Baer" (not sure of
>>the spelling) that he had been working women's jobs for
>>so long that he sat down to pee.
>>

>Shortly after I got married, my wife asked me to please sit
>down on the toilet so that she didn't have to clean piss up
>off the floor, etc., and now after all these years, and now
>that I'm pushing 80, I still do. Pissing on the floor seems
>so barbaric to me now.

I don't have any womenfolk with me, so I've been
wiping up the misfired pee with toilet paper, and
more recently by keeping a sponge in the shower
with which to wipe it up. I could sit down to pee I
suppose, but I'd have a masculine image problem
myself with doing that. Back in the good old days
before houses were invented, we'd just pee in
the woods and wouldn't have such dilemmas.

Women are always trying to feminize us guys.
It's their plan for taking over the world: don't fall
for it! Always talking about "feelings", whatever
they are, and stuff like that.

I'm having more trouble not peeing on the
floor than before, doubtless connected with the
medical problems I've been having: nearly four
months since I was diagnosed with a heart-valve
malfunction, and still no date for the TAVR. I'm
feeling like I'm being played as a patsy.

mg

Jan 7, 2018, 5:27:17 PM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:35:20 -0800, rumpelstiltskin<x...@y.com>
wrote:
I always feel the exact same way (like I'm being played as a
patsy) when I see a doctor. I would like to go doctor
shopping and try to find one that could make me think he
actually gives a shit whether I live or die, but it's too
late. Now I'm all tied up with some large outfit that
reminds me of an octopus like conglomerate called Revere
Health. I think they probably now own about half of Utah
County now.

Emily

Jan 7, 2018, 5:39:34 PM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 07:53:04 -0800, rumpelstiltskin<x...@y.com> wrote:

> Your solution should be to install a urinal in your bathroom.
>Everybody needs a toilet for #2, but women use toilets for
>#1 too and they don't realize what a poor solution a toilet
>is for men to do #1. I suppose women have the same
>problem as men with flanges that stick together so that the
>first bit of pee can go in unpredictable directions, but they're
>sitting down so it always hits the side of the toilet for them.
>Men are standing up, and women don't appreciate the
>logistical difference. That difference is why urinals were
>invented for men, although at my very first (teenaged)
>job, my boss said of one guy, "Dougie Baer" (not sure of
>the spelling) that he had been working women's jobs for
>so long that he sat down to pee.

Oh, believe me, women do understand the difference. They're the ones
who historically clean the bathroom. A houseful of women would leave
a cleaner bathroom than one man. Pee drops on the floor, then on the
wall where you shake the thing. I think men should be taught to
urinate sitting down. I don't think urinals could totally solve that
problem but I can see how it would be an improvement -- if they were
wide enough.

Emily

Jan 7, 2018, 5:43:17 PM1/7/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 10:43:50 -0700, mg <no...@none.nl> wrote:

>Shortly after I got married, my wife asked me to please sit
>down on the toilet so that she didn't have to clean piss up
>off the floor, etc., and now after all these years, and now
>that I'm pushing 80, I still do. Pissing on the floor seems
>so barbaric to me now.

Bless your heart! If there were a prize for cooperation, I'd nominate
you for it.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 7, 2018, 7:34:16 PM1/7/18
I don't think I've ever had pee drops end up on the wall!
Urinals actually do totally solve the problem. As to men
sitting down to pee, if the word got out, all their gym
buddies would point and laugh whenever they saw them.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 7, 2018, 7:34:16 PM1/7/18
Nonetheless, you did get your TAVR promptly.
I've been waiting four months.

Gary

Jan 8, 2018, 7:38:44 AM1/8/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 10:43:50 -0700, mg <no...@none.nl> wrote:

Many years ago, I went into a public rest room somewhere. Over the
toilet was a sign that read:

"Be like dad, not like sis.
Lift the lid before you piss".

That's always worked for me.

mg

Jan 8, 2018, 7:54:01 AM1/8/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 16:34:13 -0800, rumpelstiltskin<x...@y.com>
It's kind of funny, I suppose, but even though I fell like
I'm caught firmly in the clutches of the Revere Health
system here, in Utah County, I did go out of the system for
my open-heart surgery and had a surgeon at St. Mark's
Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah, do it.

When it comes to surgeons, I'm a firm believer in a person
doing their homework and finding the best one available.

Gary

Jan 8, 2018, 8:04:08 AM1/8/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 17:39:26 -0500, Emily <Em...@nospam.com> wrote:

Many public restrooms discourage --"shaking that thing". I saw a sign
over the toilet in one that declared : "Shake it more than once ....
and you're playing with it".

mg

Jan 8, 2018, 8:10:10 AM1/8/18
On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 17:43:11 -0500, Emily <Em...@nospam.com>
wrote:
I retired in 2001 and my wife died (of a heart attack) a
couple months later. For about the first 5 years after that
I did my own house cleaning, but I did very, very little of
it. During that particular period, my technique was mostly
to try not to get it dirty in the first place. Now my
daughter, who is a super house cleaner does it for me.
(Thank God for daughters).

Anyway, during the period that I went without a house
cleaner, I develop a pretty strong attitude about people who
make messes. One thing that really used to irk me was people
who walk around the house eating food, like a donut, for
instance. My attitude was, and is, to put the gawd-damned
thing on a plate and sit your ass down and eat it. Another
thing that used to irk me was people who touch the walls.
Sometimes, I ask myself, who in the hell mess making people
expect to clean up after them, or if they even give it a
thought.

mg

Jan 8, 2018, 8:15:38 AM1/8/18
On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 07:38:43 -0500, Gary <c...@jsv.com>
Public rest rooms are an entirely different situation. Men
sprinkle piss all over the floor and probably the walls,
too. Then, when they leave the rest room, they probably
track it all over the building.

When it comes to my own house, though, I don't like it when
people piss anywhere except in the toilet bowl.

Emily

Jan 8, 2018, 8:28:07 AM1/8/18
They probably don't give it a thought. When my husband retired
several years ago he asked if I wanted to do some traveling. I said
no because we already had three cats and no cat sitter and besides I
was too old to enjoy strolling around a beach in a skimpy bathing
suit. I said I'd rather hire a house cleaner. He didn't like that
idea, although I don't know why, and said he'd do the housecleaning.
He thinks that running the vacuum cleaner once every few months is
sufficient. He is unable to grasp the concept of dusting and those
other cleaning things I used to do. Fortunately, I'm so old I don't
really care anymore, although I do sometimes cringe when I look at
something like the oven.

mg

Jan 8, 2018, 8:47:13 AM1/8/18
On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 08:27:59 -0500, Emily <Em...@nospam.com>
With me, I've never minded ordinary dirt. My philosophy has
always been that we humans (and animals) have always lived
in the dirt and dirt won't hurt you. What I don't like,
though, is sticky, gooey stuff, or anything that can grow
germs, etc., and of course I dislike excrement of all types.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 8, 2018, 9:50:43 AM1/8/18
A man after my own heart - a cheapskate! I don't want
to travel anymore myself. I got my fill of it when I was
younger.

I had the pilot flames turned off for the (useless) wall
heater, and for the oven generations ago. I use the
oven for storing pots and pans. The only working pilot
lights in my flat now are for the hot-water heater and
for the burners on top of the oven. There are four
burners but only two of them work from the pilot lights.
for the other two I'd have to use a match or a stick
kindled from one of the working burners, but I never
use more than two burners anyway so it's no problem.
I moved into this flat in 1974, and the stove was
already ancient when I moved in. There was frij that
was already old too, but it gave up the ghost about
1991 and I bought another one, much bigger. I bought
it myself rather than asking my landpersons to buy it,
so that I could get exactly what I wanted. Since my
rent is so cheap (for San Francisco), due to "rent
control", I would have been embarrassed to ask my
landpersons to provide a new frij anyway.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 8, 2018, 9:50:44 AM1/8/18
I don't think I've eaten a doughnut since a job
I had in my late 20's, when doughnuts were
often brought in for general consumption.

I'm right now eating a sandwich of sorts,
consisting of melted cheese in 2/3 of a pocket
of pita bread. I lift the plate to below my
chin before I bite though, to keep any crumbs
from falling on the carpet.

I just touched a wall as an experiment. It
felt a bit odd, so I guess I must not touch
walls very much. I have to clean up stuff
myself though, which perhaps forces me not
to create unnecessary difficulties for myself.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 8, 2018, 9:50:44 AM1/8/18
Not even while they're taking a shower?

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 8, 2018, 9:50:44 AM1/8/18
The "great attractor" in my flat has a lot of scuzz on it
now. I'll have to vacuum it up soon. It's located on the
floor against the wall, underneath the computer/stereo
table on which I'm typing right now. I don't know why
scuzz accumulates there - I haven't figured out the
physics, but I am glad it mostly accumulates in one place.

"Great Attractor" is originally the name of a
gravitational anomaly in space, containing several giant
spheroidal galaxies around which our pitifully small Local
Group of Galaxies (dominated by the Andromeda Galaxy
and our Milky Way), and several other groups rotate.
None of the galaxies in the great attractor are visible
to the unclothed eye despite their brightness, mostly
because they're so far away and partly because their
location happens to be close to the plane of the Milky
Way, so our view is partly obscured by the intervening
gas near our own galactic plane.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Attractor

mg

Jan 8, 2018, 10:31:19 AM1/8/18
On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 06:50:42 -0800, rumpelstiltskin<x...@y.com>
When the grand kids were younger, one thing that I used to
worry about is athlete's foot. I never caught it, though, so
I obviously shouldn't have wasted my time worrying about it.
I had an interesting girl friend back in the early 2000's,
by the way, who worried a lot about house cleaning. She used
to refuse to take a shower at my house because she said the
shower was so dirty. :-)

My daughter, incidentally, has asked me to put one of those
hand-held sprayers in my shower to make it easier for her to
clean the shower, but I've never got around to it . . .
(shame on me).

mg

Jan 8, 2018, 3:13:24 PM1/8/18
On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 06:50:42 -0800, rumpelstiltskin<x...@y.com>
wrote:

Having gone about 5 years, or so, without anyone to clean my
house turned me into sort of pathological kook, I suppose.
For one thing, I've always been extremely lazy when it comes
to menial labor. So, I tried to solve the house-cleaning
problem by not getting it dirty in the first place, but that
doesn't work, of course. Then I took out my rage on a few
not-so-innocent bystanders.

For instance, I once asked someone if they were handicapped
and when they said no, I asked them why they were bracing
themselves by touching my walls. Then I told them that I
don't let anyone touch my walls unless they're handicapped.

The thing about walls is that they are very difficult to
wash without washing all the walls in the entire gawd-damned
room and if you try to wash just one spot, it looks worse
than if you just leave it alone.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 8, 2018, 5:54:19 PM1/8/18
I had an ASCII chart taped to the wall behind my computer
for a long time. I was smoking in those days, so when I
removed the chart years ago, there was an unstained rectangle,
that I can still see. The paint in that whole corner of the room
is stained from the tobacco smoke.

rumpelstiltskin

Jan 8, 2018, 5:54:19 PM1/8/18
I thought showers were, almost by definition,
self-cleaning. I have some non-slip strips stuck
to the floor of my shower, and those do get
dirty and need scrubbing. Most confusingly IMO,
the name for them is "appliqués", which sounds
like something merely decorative that only a girl
would buy. In fact they're very functional. I'd
surely have slipped in the shower at least once
by now if I didn't have enough of them stuck to
the floor of my shower that my feet were sure
to be positioned on one or more of them. It
should be illegal IMV to sell showers that don't
have any protection against slipping. Maybe
most people have rubber mats that they put
in the shower, but the "appliqués" are much
less troublesome to deal with, IMV.

mg

Jan 8, 2018, 8:22:54 PM1/8/18
On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 14:54:19 -0800, rumpelstiltskin<x...@y.com>
I did too! But I guess they're not because my daughter
spends a lot of time and puts in a lot of work to clean the
shower. I've tried to tell her to do a lot of things, like
cleaning the shower, every other time to save her some work,
but she says that just makes it twice as hard to do when she
does do it.

>I have some non-slip strips stuck
>to the floor of my shower, and those do get
>dirty and need scrubbing. Most confusingly IMO,
>the name for them is "appliqués", which sounds
>like something merely decorative that only a girl
>would buy. In fact they're very functional. I'd
>surely have slipped in the shower at least once
>by now if I didn't have enough of them stuck to
>the floor of my shower that my feet were sure
>to be positioned on one or more of them. It
>should be illegal IMV to sell showers that don't
>have any protection against slipping. Maybe
>most people have rubber mats that they put
>in the shower, but the "appliqués" are much
>less troublesome to deal with, IMV.

I have some of those "appliques" also. I think the wife put
them on there in the early, or mid-80s. They're worn down
some, but they still work good. I love them.

My daughter put a mat in my shower several years ago, but it
turned out that you have to hang it up after each use, or it
mildews, or something. So, that makes it useless as far as
I'm concerned.

Gary

Jan 9, 2018, 7:17:22 AM1/9/18
Back in the old days -- I wonder if people were sloppy when using the
outdoor privy ? It would have been hard on the wife go out 100 yards
from the house to clean up after the boys.