Ruth Bader Ginsburg says Trump 'not a lawyer' after he suggests Supreme Court could halt impeachment

Johnny

Dec 18, 2019, 8:13:07 AM12/18/19

By Brie Stimson
Published 2 hours ago

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg gave a brief answer earlier
this week to a President Trump tweet earlier this month suggesting he
could appeal to the Supreme Court to stop impeachment proceedings.

"The president is not a lawyer," Ginsburg said Monday.

On Dec. 2, Trump tweeted, “I read the Republicans Report on the
Impeachment Hoax. Great job! Radical Left has NO CASE. Read the
Transcripts. Shouldn’t even be allowed. Can we go to Supreme Court to
stop?”

“He’s not law-trained," Ginsburg continued at a New York City event
where she was being honored, according to the BBC.

"The truth is, the judiciary is a reactive institution," she said. "We
don’t have a program, we don’t have an agenda. We react to what’s out
there.”

Ginsburg also suggested that senators who show bias on impeachment
should not be allowed to serve as jurors in the impeachment trial.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-the-president-is-not-a-lawyer

Ruth Ginsburg may be a lawyer and very intelligent, but that is a
stupid statement. All the senators are biased, so the Senate can't
hold the trial.

me

Dec 18, 2019, 9:41:46 AM12/18/19
Lawyers and judges are biased as well. So who’s left to hold a trial?

CLOISTER

Dec 18, 2019, 10:45:04 AM12/18/19
Some Amish working from SKYPE