Woman puts infant son in microwave

tet...@my-deja.com

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99
Just heard on the news that a 19 y/o woman put her 1 month old son son
in the microwave resulting in his death Now athorties are looking for
and EXCUSE for why she did it They certainly would not look for and
excuse if a man did this!!!

This is what we are saying about double standards Bet she gets off
wiht a slap on the hand, a man may well be facing captial murder
charges now!

ALL WE ARE ASKING IS FOR FAIR AND EQUAL TREATMENT FOR ALL

EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EQUAL RESPONSIBLITY!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

M Stembridge

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:39:38 GMT, tet...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Just heard on the news that a 19 y/o woman put her 1 month old son son

Hey, do us all a favour by NOT POSTING RUMOURS! Either cite or don't
post.

R. Soyack

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99

The news item was posted in soc.men in full. Why don't you read before
you scold.

Rich Soyack

M Stembridge

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
I didn't see the post that was made prior to yours. Sorry to have
jumped on your repost like that.

- Michael

jac...@melbpc.org.au

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 01:57:09 GMT, mste...@bellsouth.net (M
Stembridge) wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:39:38 GMT, tet...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
>> Just heard on the news that a 19 y/o woman put her 1 month old son son
>
>Hey, do us all a favour by NOT POSTING RUMOURS! Either cite or don't
>post.

-----------------

OH LOOK! HERE'S SOME MORE...

-----------------

4-22-99
STATES NEWS SERVICE

Mother Faces Child Abuse Charges

AURORA, COLORADO -- An Aurora woman is facing child abuse charges in
the death of her six-year-old adopted son. Fifty-three- year-old Royce
Clark called emergency crews to her home last week and reported that
the boy had fallen and was not breathing. After determining that the
injuries the boy sustained were not consistent with a fall, police
arrested Clark that night on suspicion of felony child abuse.
According to the Arapahoe County coroner, the autopsy performed Monday
showed the boy died of complications from head injuries.

+++++++++++++

4-22-99
STATES NEWS SERVICE

Mom Ready To Plead 'No Contest'

GAINESVILLE, FLORIDA -- Prosecutors in Gainesville say it appears a
39-year-old mother is prepared to enter a no contest plea to
manslaughter charges, resulting from the August 1997 death of her
eight-month-old daughter. Prosecutor Ralph Grabel says Debra Dunbar
put her daughter in a bathtub, then left the bathroom and passed-out
from doing drugs. The child's father, who was sleeping after taking
some of his wife's pain pills, discovered the baby's body. Because of
the terms of her plea bargain Dunbar may face less than the 15-year
maximum sentence for aggravated manslaughter.

+++++++++++++

4-22-99

Baby-Sitter Charged

ALLENTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA -- A Lehigh County woman has now been formally
charged with killing a toddler she was baby-sitting earlier this year.
Joann Stout will face an April 29th preliminary hearing on charges of
criminal homicide and related offenses. Police arrested Stout this
week after getting the final results from the autopsy of 14-month old
Andrew Wagner. Investigators say the youngster died in mid- February
after suffering blunt trauma to the head in an injury that they
believe could not have come from a fall or other accident.

+++++++++++++

4-21-99
STATES NEWS SERVICE

Woman Arrested For Razor Blade Attacks

LAWRENCE COUNTY, TENNESSEE -- Lawrence County police believe they've
tracked down the person responsible for a rash of razor blade attacks
by mail. Eleven people in Lawrence and Maury in Davidson County
received the booby-trapped letters. A suspect has reportedly confessed
to the attacks, but police have not revealed her identity.

++++++++++++

4-22-99
AP / C. BRYSON HULL

Dead Children in Texas Identified

GEORGETOWN, TEXAS - Two toddlers whose slain bodies were found earlier
in a quiet creek bed were identified Thursday, and a search was
underway for their mother.

Williamson County sheriff's investigators said all three were
recognized by workers at an Austin day care center who called police
after seeing sketches of the children on police fliers.

The workers said Dominick Logan Cornelius, 2, and Amanda Lee Miller, 3
had been brought to the center by their mother, 23-year-old Tina Marie
Cornelius, on April 14.

``She may be in danger, but we don't know,'' Capt. Linda Bunte, a
Williamson County sheriff's detective, said.

The identities had eluded investigators since the children's bodies
were found Monday by a couple walking along the creek bed near Hutto,
20 miles north of Austin.

Officials have said the children died less than a day before being
discovered. Autopsies revealed the boy suffered a fatal skull fracture
and the girl was suffocated.

Relatives have told detectives they had not seen Ms. Cornelius, who
works at a strip club, or her children for roughly four days before
the bodies were found. Bunte said police do not consider her a suspect
in her children's deaths.

Dancers at a south Austin strip club where Ms. Cornelius worked said
she had been employed there for about three weeks. A dancer said Ms.
Cornelius had said she planned to leave her children with friends
while she went out of town.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

jac...@melbpc.org.au

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99
Stembridge) wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:39:38 GMT, tet...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
>> Just heard on the news that a 19 y/o woman put her 1 month old son son
>
>Hey, do us all a favour by NOT POSTING RUMOURS! Either cite or don't
>post.

Here's a little something for feminist scum that don't want to hear,
know, believe - or have anyone else hear or know - the truth about
women's violence.

Note that the COPOUT has begun because SHE's a WOMAN. People are
already looking for EXCUSES (epilepsy) to get her off on a MAD clause.
If it was a man everyone would just assume HE was BAD and no one would
look for excuses but there would be lots of BLAME and SHAME...

----------------------------------

http://www.apbnews.com/newscenter/breakingnews/1999/09/27/micro0927_01.html?s=emil

Microwave Baby's Mom Charged With Murder
Infant Found Dead in 'Operational' Oven

LANEXA, Va. (APBnews.com) -- The mother of a baby found dead in a
microwave oven has been charged with murdering her child, authorities
said today.

Elizabeth Renee Otte, 19, is being held without bond at a psychiatric
facility after she apparently placed her 1-month-old baby in the
microwave oven last week and started it. She is scheduled to appear in
New Kent County Court on Wednesday, where it will be determined which
attorney will represent her.

While the medical examiner's report has not yet been released and
authorities are reluctant to comment on exactly how the baby died,
prosecutors and law enforcement officers will say the microwave was
functioning at the time.

"The microwave was operational; you can take it for what it is," said
New Kent County Sheriff Farrar Howard Jr.

'Final piece of the puzzle'

The infant, Joseph Lewis Martinez, was found Thursday morning by his
aunt in a microwave in his parents' home in this rural community 30
miles east of Richmond.

A New Kent County sheriff's deputy responded to an emergency call at
5:43 a.m. and found the boy dead in the oven.

The boy's father, 17-year-old Joseph Anthony Martinez, has not been
charged, authorities said.

Otte was charged today after authorities consulted with the medical
examiner, Howard told APBnews.com.

"Detectives and the commonwealth attorney talked to the medical
examiner and what they found out was the final piece of the puzzle,"
he said. But he cautioned, "a lot has to go into the explanation,
[and] all the tests are not in."

Could epilepsy have played role?

Howard confirmed reports that Otte suffered from epilepsy but did not
speculate on whether the disease may have contributed to her actions.

Experts say epilepsy, in addition to causing convulsions, can trigger
a certain type of brain malfunction as well. "A complex partial
seizure can create an impaired conscience, a dreamlike state, in which
people have no memory of what happened," said Ann Scherer, director of
communication for the National Epilepsy Foundation.

But she said the repetitive movements associated with a partial
seizure would typically involve staring, blinking or chewing, not
moving something around.

She said the tragedy involving the Martinez baby is "extraordinarily
unusual" and that doctors would have to examine the specifics before
drawing any conclusions about what role, if any, the disease played in
mother's actions.

----------

Hans Kamp

Sep 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/28/99

<tet...@my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
7sov7p$3no$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> Just heard on the news that a 19 y/o woman put her 1 month old son son
> in the microwave resulting in his death Now athorties are looking for
> and EXCUSE for why she did it They certainly would not look for and
> excuse if a man did this!!!
>
> This is what we are saying about double standards Bet she gets off
> wiht a slap on the hand, a man may well be facing captial murder
> charges now!

Some months ago I saw a movie about a woman that is maltreated by her
husband. She got about 25 years of jail. According to the movie, when a man
would kill his wife, he would get 2 or 3 years.

--

Hans Kamp

Ron House

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99

Instead of watching feminist movies, please look for statistical facts.
The FBI and US Department of Justice reports typically quote average
sentences for males for murder at around 16 years, for females, 6.

--
Ron House ho...@usq.edu.au

Evil follows on the heels of sloppy thinking.

Aldis Ozols

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
Hans Kamp wrote:

> Some months ago I saw a movie about a woman that is maltreated by her
> husband. She got about 25 years of jail. According to the movie, when a man
> would kill his wife, he would get 2 or 3 years.

That movie is a lie. Very often, the woman in such a case is not
punished at all, because the defence uses the fictitious "battered
woman's syndrome" as an excuse.

--
How to Lobby Politicians
http://www.zeta.org.au/~aldis/lobby.html

"Reality is whatever doesn't go away when you stop believing in it."
-- Philip K Dick

James Buster

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
In article <37f4ddee...@news.melbpc.org.au>,

jac...@melbpc.org.au <jac...@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>Experts say epilepsy, in addition to causing convulsions, can trigger
>a certain type of brain malfunction as well. "A complex partial
>seizure can create an impaired conscience, a dreamlike state, in which
>people have no memory of what happened," said Ann Scherer, director of
>communication for the National Epilepsy Foundation.

How did she operate the microwave oven while having seizure?
--
Planet Bog -- pools of toxic chemicals bubble under a choking
atomsphere of poisonous gases... but aside from that, it's not

tet...@my-deja.com

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
In article <37F18BC0...@zeta.org.au>,

Aldis Ozols <al...@zeta.org.au> wrote:
> Hans Kamp wrote:
> >
> > Some months ago I saw a movie about a woman that is maltreated by
her
> > husband. She got about 25 years of jail. According to the movie,
when a man
> > would kill his wife, he would get 2 or 3 years.
>
> That movie is a lie. Very often, the woman in such a case is not
> punished at all, because the defence uses the fictitious "battered
> woman's syndrome" as an excuse.

Let's see BWS, PMS, now epilepsy but bet a man with epilepsy could
not use it as an excuese but maybe men should go for the testestone
excuse. If women can have PMS then it seems likely that the male
hormone can cause increased agression (and I can PROVE this one!
Since it is beyond our control I think it should work except MEN are
held accountable for their actions Women are not!

The whole point of posting this is to show they are already LOOKING for
and excues to let her off easy and bet they would look for a reason to
put a man on death row for this!!

Ann Scherer, director of communication for the National Epilepsy

Foundation Golly anybody want to bet she is a femist NOW member or
something? I have worked in a hosptial for 25 years and this is the
FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER heard HOG WASH like this!!

EQUAL?? HOG WASH!!

> --
> How to Lobby Politicians
> http://www.zeta.org.au/~aldis/lobby.html
>
> "Reality is whatever doesn't go away when you stop believing in it."
> -- Philip K Dick

said Ann Scherer, director of communication for the National Epilepsy
Foundation

Ted W.

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
I saw that same movie. Not only did the justice system treat
women more harshly than men, everything else on the planet was
reversed by sex too. It was like a planet of the apes by sex
instead of by species. Great movie. Very revealing.

-Ted W.

Hans Kamp wrote:

> Some months ago I saw a movie about a woman that is maltreated by her
> husband. She got about 25 years of jail. According to the movie, when a man
> would kill his wife, he would get 2 or 3 years.

> Hans Kamp

tet...@my-deja.com

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99
In article <7st8ik$2osc$1...@nnrp9.crl.com>,

Most often these types of movies tend to help the blind to see the
hypocrisy of their views. Much like King David was told about a person
who was did much wrong and when hearing about it passed very server
judgement on the person but when he asked who the person was, he was
told that the person was he himself.

Point is that these things only work on the ones that do not realize
they are blind> It will not work on those who are willingly so,

--
ALL WE ARE ASKING IS FOR FAIR AND EQUAL TREATMENT FOR ALL

EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EQUAL RESPONSIBLITY!

WITHOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS THE FEMINST MOVEMENT WOULD NOT EXIST!

Hans Kamp

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99

Ron House <ho...@usq.edu.au> schreef in berichtnieuws
37F16F1A...@usq.edu.au...

> Hans Kamp wrote:
> >
> > <tet...@my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
> > 7sov7p$3no$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > Just heard on the news that a 19 y/o woman put her 1 month old son son
> > > in the microwave resulting in his death Now athorties are looking
for
> > > and EXCUSE for why she did it They certainly would not look for and
> > > excuse if a man did this!!!
> > >
> > > This is what we are saying about double standards Bet she gets off
> > > wiht a slap on the hand, a man may well be facing captial murder
> > > charges now!
> >
> > Some months ago I saw a movie about a woman that is maltreated by her
> > husband. She got about 25 years of jail. According to the movie, when a
man
> > would kill his wife, he would get 2 or 3 years.
>
> Instead of watching feminist movies, please look for statistical facts.
> The FBI and US Department of Justice reports typically quote average
> sentences for males for murder at around 16 years, for females, 6.

Are those murders committed in same (or almost same) circumstances?

--

Hans Kamp

Hans Kamp

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99

<tet...@my-deja.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
7ssu7c$t4f$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> In article <37F18BC0...@zeta.org.au>,
> Aldis Ozols <al...@zeta.org.au> wrote:
> > Hans Kamp wrote:
> > >
> > > Some months ago I saw a movie about a woman that is maltreated by
> her
> > > husband. She got about 25 years of jail. According to the movie,
> when a man
> > > would kill his wife, he would get 2 or 3 years.
> >
> > That movie is a lie. Very often, the woman in such a case is not
> > punished at all, because the defence uses the fictitious "battered
> > woman's syndrome" as an excuse.
>
> Let's see BWS, PMS, now epilepsy but bet a man with epilepsy could
> not use it as an excuese but maybe men should go for the testestone
> excuse. If women can have PMS then it seems likely that the male
> hormone can cause increased agression (and I can PROVE this one!

What does BWS and PMS mean? I guess that BWS means Battered Women
Syndrome...

> Since it is beyond our control I think it should work except MEN are
> held accountable for their actions Women are not!

Why are men held accountable for their actions, and women not?

> The whole point of posting this is to show they are already LOOKING for
> and excues to let her off easy and bet they would look for a reason to
> put a man on death row for this!!

But a judge cannot be that dubious, can he? It is too clear that he uses
double standards.

--

Hans Kamp

Hans Kamp

Sep 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/29/99

Ted W. > <"<spamme"@bit.bucket> schreef in berichtnieuws
7st8ik$2osc$1...@nnrp9.crl.com...

> I saw that same movie.

According to Tetra55 a feminist one.

> Not only did the justice system treat
> women more harshly than men, everything else on the planet was
> reversed by sex too. It was like a planet of the apes by sex
> instead of by species. Great movie. Very revealing.

Hm, "Planets of the Apes"... I saw it, too.

--

Hans Kamp