Manipulating - This is What Feminism Looks Like

MCP

Sep 16, 2010, 11:49:48 AM9/16/10
http://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com/2010/09/manipulating-this-is-what-feminism.html

For a movement that was never elected, voted for or endorsed by anyone,
feminism forced it's way into everyone's life without so much as a public
discussion. Feminism originally manipulated and coerced forcibly, their
sexism as well as their stereotypically ranting under the guise of the now
known lie of equality..

Joe Soltys has put into words a better explanation, citing precisely why
this hate-movement is doomed to failure and recorded in the annals of
history as the most destructive doctrine ever devised. Designed primarily to
cause friction and mistrust among the sexes, favour one sex over the other
and ensure the destruction of the family unit. Will they ever confess to
royally screwing it up ?

NEVER, as the cowards and hypocrites they really are..

Manipulating - This is What Feminism Looks Like
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
By Joe Soltys

A new PR campaign to promote feminism reminds me of my children; shove
everything under the bed where mom or dad can't see it, then presto, the
room appears clean and tidy.

This same tactic is being used for a promotional video put out by the
Feminist Majority. In the video, numerous well-known Hollywood actors, male
and female, offer their opinions and perceptions on what it means to be a
feminist.
I have to admit the production is well crafted, and will be very influential
when viewed by the general public. In its purest form, the ideology of
feminism cannot be argued: Equality for men and women that transcend all
aspects of life.
And this is the image and mood the video embraces. But as we all know, the
devil is in the details.

This video chooses to present feminism as a historical movement that was
essential in achieving many of the gains women enjoy today, and how it is
still essential to address the modern day inequities that still persist. It
also presents the feminist movement as a historically benevolent movement
that is embolden through its use of compassion, pragmatic thinking, selfless
activism, and the deep desire to help those who are marginalized in society.

So I thought, if feminist and their movement truly embody these altruist
qualities, why the need to promote themselves? As the saying goes, "Actions
speak louder than words".

This is what troubled me the most about the video. This contradiction
concerning the need for feminist to promote themselves in spite of all the
humanitarian, legendary, and iconic events it claims it has been responsible
for.

To put it in perspective, did Mother Teresa have to promote herself? Did
Gandhi have to promote himself? Did Dr. Martin Luther King have to promote
himself? These individuals never engaged in self promoting. Their messages
were extremely powerful, but only because their actions ultimately provided
the catalyst that fueled and validated their messages. And by action, I mean
using the appropriate methods to carry out the message by maintaining a
standard of integrity, morality, and ethical behavior.

It should also be noted that each of the people I mentioned was greatly
humbled, meaning they understood the power of humility. Thus, in order to
change others, it meant they themselves must be willing to acknowledge their
own faults, and be willing to change also. Therefore, the act of humility
brought creditability to them as individuals, and ultimately, brought
credibility to their message and their movement.
The feminist have to promote themselves because they have no humility. They
have lost creditability with the general public, and more importantly, with
the majority of women. They have used sexism to fight sexism, stereotypes to
fight stereotypes, and have avoided accountability for their questionable
behavior while forcing others to be held accountable for theirs.
Therefore, it appears to me the vague and opaque message about what feminism
really means in the video was intentional, because if any amount of clarity
seeped in, the benevolent, altruistic image of feminism would begin to
deteriorate rapidly.

Let me present my view of the feminist movement with respect to some of the
views that are offered in the video:

* One woman says feminism is not about hating men.

Really?

As a man who grew up during the feminist movement, I have been bombarded
with aggressive, sexist, and discriminatory comments about men from feminist
icons. Let me provide an example:

Marilyn French:

- Not many men have both good fortune and good sense.

- Men stumble over pebbles, never over mountains.

-Whatever they may be in public life, whatever their relations with men, in
their relations with women, all men are rapists and that's all they are.
They rape us with their eyes, their laws, their codes.

Gloria Steinem:

- A woman reading Playboy feels a little like a Jew reading a Nazi manual.

- If women are supposed to be less rational and more emotional at the
beginning of our menstrual cycle when the female hormone is at its lowest
level, then why isn't it logical to say that, in those few days, women
behave the most like the way men behave all month long?

- Pornography is the instruction. Rape is the practice, battered women are
the practice, and battered children are the practice.

Andrea Dworkin:

- A commitment to sexual equality with males is a commitment to becoming the
rich instead of the poor, the rapist instead of the raped, the murderer
instead of the murdered.

-Men are distinguished from women by their commitment to do violence rather
than to be victimized by it.

- Men know everything - all of them - all the time - no matter how stupid or
inexperienced or arrogant or ignorant they are.

The hate and contempt for men within the feminist movement is well
documented. However, not one powerful feminist will step forward and admit
this truth without conditions. Nor will they apologize for letting the
movement become embroidered with such gender hatred, or make a serious
commitment to vilify one of their own who has preached male sexism, as they
have done to many men found guilty of sexist behavior towards women.

* Another woman says feminism is about treating women not as somebody
special, but just as equals.

Then why do feminist spend so much time in Washington, and in the family
court systems across the nation, fighting for special privileges for women?
Feminist fight any legislation that would ensure child custody cases
automatically assume joint custody unless conditions prove otherwise. They
favor legislation that conforms to custody inherently belonging to the
mother - yet they claim they want no special privileges.
They fight any legislation that awards resources to male victims of domestic
violence, and have been known to walk out of domestic violence seminars when
male victims are discussed, because they find male victims irrelevant. This
despite their vocalization for men and women to be treated as equals.
They fight any legislation that would bring serious consequences to women
who falsely accuse men of rape, sexual assault, or domestic violence,
because according to them, it could cause more consequences for true victims
trying to find justice.
So the pain and destruction of men's lives perpetuated by unconscionable
female behavior is ignored by feminist who, by their own actions, show
feminists put more value on the well-being of women first, rather than show
concern for the safety and justice for both men and women. Five men
mistakenly sent to prison is nothing more than collateral damage in their
process to ensure one true female victim of violence is not hindered in her
pursuit of justice. This is their "equality".

* One woman implies feminism is about self confidence. She says that if a
woman is self confident, then this confidence will be experienced in the
bedroom. She then gives the stereotypical provocative wink and nod. Another
woman states that if she wants to wear a really short skirt, then she is no
less a feminist for doing so.

If there is one aspect of gender politics that irritates me the most, it is
the blatant hypocrisy of how feminist, and females in general, approach
female sexuality.
Feminist make it clear that the use of female sexuality to sell or promote
products/events is sexist, degrading, and is a symbol of male dominance of
women. Yet, here they are using the same tactics to promote feminism. I
mean, I have to assume the bedroom reference was put in not just for women,
but also to appeal to male viewers. Otherwise, why the provocative wink and
nod?
I've written about this situation before, and here is my conclusion: Using
female sexuality to sell or promote products/events is OK if the beneficiary
is a woman - otherwise it's sexist.
And a woman can flaunt her sexuality all she wants, but if a man mistakens
her flaunting for something more, it's his fault.
Women play both sides of the fence with their sexuality, vacillating between
victim status and empowerment status, depending on which position gives them
the most power. And feminists are no different.

* Michael Moore says we [men] have held all the power for ten thousand years
and look what we have done with it, implying men have failed miserably.

Well Michael, if I use you as an example, I think us men have done quite
well with it. The industry in which you make your living was created by men,
and this male industry has helped you gain incredible financial success.
Also, this male environment has also provided you with considerable status
that most people will never see. And you achieved your success by creating
documentaries that have challenged the actions and behavior of some of the
most powerful industries and individuals in the world, and you're not
imprisoned, or exiled for doing so. This is because you live in one of the
most emulated democracies in the world, which by the way, was idealized,
constructed, and actualized by men.
You've done very well in this f***ed up male dominated system, and I don't
recall hearing that you're sacrificing all your privileges and gains within
it, in an attempt to show commitment to your beliefs.

It is well documented that feminism is not the benevolent, altruistic
movement the video tries to portray it as. The actions of feminism,
historically and presently, do not corroborate the words and images
portrayed in the video. This is why it is forced to launch a PR campaign. A
campaign such as this is usually reserved for those that have fallen out of
favor with public opinion. And feminism is definitely in that category, with
polls showing most women who believe in women's rights refuse to call
themselves feminist - a big red flag for their movement.

But as I have shown, feminism has no one to blame but themselves. It has
spent years holding others accountable for their malevolent actions, but
refuses to honestly acknowledge or rectify their own. Feminism will never
achieve the status or image they desire until they first achieve the arduous
trait of humility. This is a form of empowerment shared by all real
altruistic individuals and organizations, and it brings validity and
credibility to their causes. It embodies the spirit that we come together
through our imperfections, not become more divisive because of them.

Sadly, for all its self-aggrandizing about teaching empowerment, this
movement cannot, and has never shown an ounce of humility. It refuses to
acknowledge that it has made any serious mistakes. I liken the feminist
movement, and this new promotional video as a modern day re-creation of the
fairy tale "The Emperor's New Clothes".
The day I see a video that celebrates the achievements of feminism, along
with a sincere look at its faults and consequences - by feminist
themselves - is the day I know the feminist movement has matured.

Until then, I guess were subjected to watching videos of feminism as seen
through their own rose colored glasses, their own limited clarity, and their
own recognition as society's panacea. In other words, if we really want a
true picture of feminism, we need make sure we look under the bed.

Masculist

Sep 16, 2010, 4:00:47 PM9/16/10
On Sep 16, 8:49 am, "MCP" <gf010w5...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> http://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com/2010/09/manipulating-this-is-...

> For a movement that was never elected, voted for or endorsed by anyone,
> feminism forced it's way into everyone's life without so much as a public
> discussion. Feminism originally manipulated and coerced forcibly, their
> sexism as well as their stereotypically ranting under the guise of the now
> known lie of equality..
>
> Joe Soltys has put into words a better explanation, citing precisely why
> this hate-movement is doomed to failure and recorded in the annals of
> history as the most destructive doctrine ever devised. Designed primarily to
> cause friction and mistrust among the sexes, favour one sex over the other
> and ensure the destruction of the family unit. Will they ever confess to
> royally screwing it up ?
>
> NEVER, as the cowards and hypocrites they really are..

Your comments are much better than the articles you post MCP.

Tom

MCP

Sep 17, 2010, 12:51:43 AM9/17/10

"Masculist" <masc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Sep 16, 8:49 am, "MCP" <gf010w5...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> http://whatmenthinkofwomen.blogspot.com/2010/09/manipulating-this-is-...
>
> For a movement that was never elected, voted for or endorsed by anyone,
> feminism forced it's way into everyone's life without so much as a public
> discussion. Feminism originally manipulated and coerced forcibly, their
> sexism as well as their stereotypically ranting under the guise of the now
> known lie of equality..
>
> Joe Soltys has put into words a better explanation, citing precisely why
> this hate-movement is doomed to failure and recorded in the annals of
> history as the most destructive doctrine ever devised. Designed primarily
> cause friction and mistrust among the sexes, favour one sex over the other
> and ensure the destruction of the family unit. Will they ever confess to
> royally screwing it up ?
>
> NEVER, as the cowards and hypocrites they really are..

Your comments are much better than the articles you post MCP.

I am NOT responsable for articales written by other people?