Susan Rice Unmasked

D. Spencer Hines

Apr 3, 2017, 3:15:27โ€ฏPM4/3/17
http://circa.com/politics/accountability/white-house-logs-indicate-susan-rice-consumed-unmasked-intel-on-trump-associates

...And She Has A Moustache!

Virginia, it just doesn't get any better than this!

Enjoy!

DSH

Lux et Veritas et Libertas
White House logs indicate Susan Rice consumed unmasked intel on Trump
associates
by Sara Carter and John Solomon

Accountability
April 3, 2017

Computer logs that former President Obama's team left behind in the White
House indicate his national security adviser Susan Rice accessed numerous
intelligence reports during Obama's last seven months in office that
contained National Security Agency intercepts involving Donald Trump and his
associates, Circa has learned.

Intelligence sources said the logs discovered by National Security Council
staff suggested Rice's interest in the NSA materials, some of which included
unmasked Americans' identities, appeared to begin last July around the time
Trump secured the GOP nomination and accelerated after Trump's election in
November launched a transition that continued through January.

The intelligence reports included some intercepts of Americans talking to
foreigners and many more involving foreign leaders talking about the future
president, his campaign associates or his transition, the sources said. Most
if not all had nothing to do with the Russian election interference scandal,
the sources said, speaking only on condition of anonymity given the
sensitive nature of the materials.

Ordinarily, such references to Americans would be redacted or minimized by
the NSA before being shared with outside intelligence sources, but in these
cases names were sometimes unmasked at the request of Rice or the
intelligence reports were specific enough that the American's identity was
easily ascertained, the sources said.

The exact national security justifications for Rice accessing the reports
isn't clear and may require additional documentation that the House and
Senate intelligence committees have requested from the NSA, America's lead
agency in spying on foreign powers.

How the information was disseminated beyond Rice will also be a potential
focus of congressional oversight, since lawmakers may want to know if it was
briefed to Obama or shared with members of her larger circle of advisers,
like deputy Ben Rhodes.

Rice has not returned repeated calls for comment from Circa. But in an
interview with PBS recently, she said she had no idea what House
Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes was talking about when he said
Obama officials were monitoring Trump associates after the election.

One intelligence professional with detailed knowledge of how the NSA and
other intelligence agencies share information with the White House during
transitions told Circa that U.S. intelligence reporting on foreign leaders'
perceptions of Trump spiked after his unexpected election win in November,
creating a trove of information that could be accessed by the outgoing White
House.

"There's always intelligence reporting on an incoming president and how the
world is reacting but this election was not like others, and that reporting
spiked," the source said. "Whether and how it was used by the Obama team
will have to be evaluated separate of the fact that the reporting this time
around was richer and more robust because of the circumstances of the
election."

Both the Republican chairman and Democratic vice chairman of the Housing
Intelligence Committee have been shown the documents discovered by the NSC
over the last 10 days.

The NSA can legally intercept foreigners' conversations without court
permission under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act,
but it cannot target Americans' conversations overseas. If an American is
accidentally intercepted or two foreigners are caught talking about an
American, that name is supposed to be redacted in intelligence reports and
replaced by a description like "U.S. citizen 1.

But Circa reported last week that Obama opened the door for his political
aides like Rice to more easily gain access to unmasked Americans' names in
NSA intercepts through a series of rule changes beginning in 2011.

Follow Sara Carter @SaraCarterDC

"It was mid-afternoon, and it's funny, I can still remember the smell of
honeysuckle all along that block. I felt like a million. There was no way in
all this world I could have known that murder sometimes smells like
honeysuckle....."
******
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Strength to Love - Jan 1963

Tiglath

Apr 3, 2017, 3:51:36โ€ฏPM4/3/17
She was the National Security Advisor.

Missed that?

D. Spencer Hines

Apr 3, 2017, 10:44:42โ€ฏPM4/3/17
Donald J. Trump ? @realDonaldTrump

Such amazing reporting on unmasking and the crooked scheme against us by
@foxandfriends. "Spied on before nomination." The real story.
12:15 AM - 3 Apr 2017 17,126 17,126 Retweets 59,831 59,831 likes

This has the potential to be a FAR BIGGER SCANDAL THAN WATERGATE.

...And I had a front-row seat for that one in the Pentagon.

DSH

D. Spencer Hines

Apr 3, 2017, 11:53:34โ€ฏPM4/3/17
OF COURSE SUSAN RICE SHOULD TESTIFY...

******Paul noted the process is indiscriminate, noting the United States
previously captured every phone call in Italy for a month.******

I'll bet that picked up some spicy meatballs.

DSH

Daily Caller News Foundation
POLITICS

Rand Paul Calls For Susan Rice To Testify On Unmasking Trump Officials

JULIEGRACE BRUFKE
Capitol Hill Reporter

5:11 PM 04/03/2017

GOP Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said he believes former National Security
Advisor Susan Rice should testify before Congress on her request to unmask
the names of Trump transition officials collected during routine
intelligence-gathering operations.

Paul argued the situation should not be downplayed, saying reforms need to
be made to prevent individuals from being blackmailed on personal aspects of
their lives through unmasking. He noted there was nothing stopping the
former administration from looking through Trump officials and national
security advisors' conversations during the transition window.

"If it is allowed, we shouldn't be allowing it, but I don't think we should
just discount how big a deal it is that Susan Rice was looking at these," he
told reporters Monday. "And she needs to be asked, 'Did President Obama ask
her to do this? Was this a directive from President Obama? I think she
should testify under oath on this."

Paul said he has long thought there are too many people with the ability to
unmask individuals.

"The law says you can't reverse target people, but how would you know that
once you get inside the brain and the people that are unmasking people,"
Paul continued. "So, what if I decided to unmask and I'm there and I only
unmask the conversations of my Democrat opponents - shouldn't there be more
restrictions for unmasking people in the political process?"

He said he believes there should be two individuals at the top of the agency
to allow for identities to be unmasked.

******Paul noted the process is indiscriminate, noting the United States
previously captured every phone call in Italy for a month.******

"Basically there's no Fourth Amendment when you use these kinds of things,
you go with a lower standard because we've got to protect the country and we
don't care about spying on foreigners," he said, adding there are said to be
millions of Americans caught up in the country's foreign targeting.

Paul said the president did not bring up the matter on their golf trip
Sunday, but he voiced his opinion on the matter.

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/rand-paul-calls-for-susan-rice-to-testify-on-unmasking-trump-officials/#ixzz4dFOGMsbg

Tiglath

Apr 3, 2017, 11:58:28โ€ฏPM4/3/17
On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 10:44:42 PM UTC-4, D. Spencer Hines wrote:
> Donald J. Trump ? @realDonaldTrump
>
> Such amazing reporting on unmasking and the crooked scheme against us by
> @foxandfriends. "Spied on before nomination." The real story.
> 12:15 AM - 3 Apr 2017 17,126 17,126 Retweets 59,831 59,831 likes
>
> This has the potential to be a FAR BIGGER SCANDAL THAN WATERGATE.

Water what?

Tsk, tsk...

Blackwater.

D. Spencer Hines

Apr 4, 2017, 9:14:34โ€ฏAM4/4/17
Marinating...

Oh, Ye Of Little Faith...

I told you more would be forthcoming on this sorry effort by "The Deep
State", which is now being dragged into piercing daylight.

DSH

Susan Rice Ordered Spy Agencies To Produce 'Detailed Spreadsheets' Involving
Trump

RICHARD POLLOCK
Reporter
10:08 PM 04/03/2017
The Daily Caller

Former President Barack Obama's national security adviser Susan Rice ordered
U.S. spy agencies to produce "detailed spreadsheets" of legal phone calls
involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president,
according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.

"What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice
were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump
associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals," diGenova told
The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

"The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the
Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with," diGenova said. "In
short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in
the calls."

Other knowledgeable official sources with direct knowledge and who requested
anonymity confirmed to TheDCNF diGenova's description of surveillance
reports Rice ordered one year before the 2016 presidential election.

FBI Director Jim Comey has a lot of explaining to do. He, Rice, Clapper and
ex-CIA Director Brennan need to have their warm rear-ends hauled before
Congress to testify, under oath, to skillful interrogators, such as
Congressman Trey Gowdy. Bring It On!

It is no crime to prevaricate and lie to the Media. Susan Rice certainly
knows that -- but under oath to Congress or to the FBI is an entirely
different matter.

Admiral Rogers, the DIRNSA, should also be required to testify, in Executive
Session -- General Keith Alexander, Rogers' predecessor as DIRNSA, should
also be required to testify in Executive Session -- and Michael "The Moray
Eel" Morell, the former Acting Director CIA, as well.

DSH

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/susan-rice-ordered-spy-agencies-to-produce-detailed-spreadsheets-involving-trump/#ixzz4dHgrgizQ

Tiglath

Apr 4, 2017, 1:37:35โ€ฏPM4/4/17

The aiming after shooting continues, with praise from Spencer.

How can a good sailor like so much the Leaky Ship of State, Trump is commanding?

I know, because it's a Republican Leaky Bucket.

Message has been deleted

Tiglath

Apr 5, 2017, 10:36:02โ€ฏAM4/5/17
Behold the cherry blossoms around the swamp.

White House aides behavior is surprisingly similar to that of the aides of
the Nixon White House.

A great expense of energy and resources go into backfilling the president's mendacity. Intensive care is a full time job.

The silliest aspect of all these red herrings is this

1. We know that if someone has evidence that will help them they will share it.

2. President Trump has the power to declassify any document that would
exonerate him.

Why does he not?

He will not because, as usual, it's all bluster.

Trump's decision to wash his hands on Syria (just as those pictures arrived)
happens to be a policy Mr. Putin must like very much.

What a coincidence.

D. Spencer Hines

Apr 5, 2017, 1:26:29โ€ฏPM4/5/17
Dear CNN: Why Is A Former Obama Appointee Reporting On Susan Rice
Revelation?

Posted at 4:00 am on April 4, 2017 by Jay Caruso

Eli Lake at Bloomberg wrote an explosive piece that set the political world
on fire for a few hours yesterday. Lake detailed how Susan Rice, President
Obama's National Security Adviser sought to "unmask" the identities of Trump
campaign transition members and his campaign.

From Lake's story:

White House lawyers last month discovered that the former national security
adviser Susan Rice requested the identities of U.S. persons in raw
intelligence reports on dozens of occasions that connect to the Donald Trump
transition and campaign, according to U.S. officials familiar with the
matter.

The pattern of Rice's requests was discovered in a National Security Council
review of the government's policy on "unmasking" the identities of
individuals in the U.S. who are not targets of electronic eavesdropping, but
whose communications are collected incidentally. Normally those names are
redacted from summaries of monitored conversations and appear in reports as
something like "U.S. Person One."

One absurdity uncovered with Lake's story is it shines a light on her
ability to lie at the drop of a hat:

Rice herself has not spoken directly on the issue of unmasking. Last month
when she was asked on the "PBS NewsHour" about reports that Trump transition
officials, including Trump himself, were swept up in incidental intelligence
collection, Rice said: "I know nothing about this," adding, "I was surprised
to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that account today."

A smarter person would say, "The FBI, House, and Senate are all
investigating, so it's better that I don't say anything about it." Did she
not think the information would come out at some point?

Where it all gets somewhat ridiculous is when CNN's Jim Sciutto tweeted the
following:

Follow
Jim Sciutto ? @jimsciutto

Just in: "The idea that Ambassador Rice improperly sought the identities of
Americans is false." - person close to Rice tells me.

1:53 PM - 3 Apr 2017 ยท Washington, DC 581 581 Retweets 1,191 1,191 likes

For the record, Jim Sciutto worked in the Obama administration. It is a fact
not mentioned in Sciutto's CNN biography, but it certainly should be.

Two things about this tweet:

1. Note the careful language - The anonymous source says "improperly
sought." It likely means Lake's reporting is valid and Rice did in fact,
make requests to unmask. The question of whether it was proper or not
remains to be seen.

2. The "person close to Rice" is likely somebody Sciutto knows - Before
Sciutto worked at the White House, he worked at ABC. Do you know who he
worked with at ABC? Ian Officer Cameron. Do you know who's married to
Cameron? Susan Rice.

Stephen Miller ? @redsteeze

Total mystery who Sciutto's trusted source close to Rice is
2:14 PM - 3 Apr 2017 417 417 Retweets 520 520 likes

As the Church Lady would say."How convenient!"

Sciutto later tweeted:

19h
Jim Sciutto ? @jimsciutto

Just in: "The idea that Ambassador Rice improperly sought the identities of
Americans is false." - person close to Rice tells me

Statement cont'd: "There is nothing unusual abt making these requests when
serving as a sr. national security official, whether Dem or GOP"
3:41 PM - 3 Apr 2017 78 78 Retweets 226 226 likes

Well except for the part where she denied knowing at all about it.

CNN would be wise to have a different reporter work on the story. We don't
know for sure if Cameron is Sciutto's source, but he's likely not going to
say anything. The use of an anonymous source to "ho-hum" the story is not
where CNN should go especially since Jim Scuitto is tied to the Obama
administration and to Susan Rice.

"It was mid-afternoon, and it's funny, I can still remember the smell of
honeysuckle all along that block. I felt like a million. There was no way in
all this world I could have known that murder sometimes smells like
honeysuckle....."
******

Tiglath

Apr 5, 2017, 1:55:22โ€ฏPM4/5/17

It must be very difficult for a National Security Advisor to illegally unmask
names in intelligence reports.

Such an advisor, NEEDS to know who is doing what, in order to do her job.

What part of this short explanation don't you understand?

Paul J Gans

Apr 5, 2017, 4:17:59โ€ฏPM4/5/17
Furthermore, unmasking requests go to the agency generating the
report in the first place. THEY determine if the unmasking would
be allowed and if so, they unmask it. The result is sent only
to the person requesting the unmasking.

So if names were unmasked for Susan Rice it is because the agency
responsible for the masking thought it important for her job to
unmask.

Everybody who is anybody in Washington knows this.

--
--- Paul J. Gans

Tiglath

Apr 5, 2017, 4:32:36โ€ฏPM4/5/17
Yes but Trumpians need to ring every bell and beat every tambourine in order
to create a racket big enough to be a diversion from RussiaGate.

The antidote to it is not a secret either. Keep bringing the conversation
back to where it belongs, and re-state the problem.

There is a criminal investigation of the president and his campaign, to
find out if they colluded with Russia to derail the election.

Trumpians keep screeching that this is not what they should be investigating,
but it's futile.

Bang a gong if you want. THIS investigation proceeds.

D. Spencer Hines

Apr 5, 2017, 8:34:30โ€ฏPM4/5/17
Hilarious!

Pogue Paul Gans & Pogue Joe Suriol are FINALLY waking up to the SERIOUSNESS
of all this.

"TOO LATE SMART!" -- [Translated From The Yiddish.]

Pogue Gans is so CLUELESS he does not understand that the "pogue in the
agency" he calls out, can well be a confederate of Susan Rice who drew the
original communication to her attention in the first place.

Stay Tuned!

This could turn out to be FAR BIGGER THAN WATERGATE.

Marinating... Marinating...

PEELING THE ONION...

All This Takes Time And Great Effort By Contending FACTIONS -- To Use Mr.
Madison's & Mr. Hamilton's Words.

Yes, Virginia -- IT'S WRITTEN INTO OUR CONSTITUTION OF THESE UNITED
STATES...

...Which Pogue Paul Gans & Pogue Joe Suriol have never fully-understood --
GROSS IGNORANCE. One a Ph.D. and the other a NO DEGREE.

Virginia, It Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

...Educating The Pogues -- Especially Gans & Suriol.

Bring It On!

...And Pogue Gans has a side-specialty -- he's GROSSLY IGNORANT on the
TRUMP-ASSAD-RUSSIA-PUTIN-SYRIA CONNECTION TOO!

...So, that make's for another issue of GRAVE IMPORTANCE.

Pogue Paul Gans has been TOO COWARDLY & LAZY to weigh-in on that one to
date.

He's just been getting tipsy on Czech beer in Brooklyn.

DSH

Fortem Posce Animum

"It was mid-afternoon, and it's funny, I can still remember the smell of
honeysuckle all along that block. I felt like a million. There was no way in
all this world I could have known that murder sometimes smells like
honeysuckle....."
******
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Strength to Love - Jan 1963

D. Spencer Hines

Tiglath

Apr 6, 2017, 12:08:56โ€ฏAM4/6/17

Let us keep this one for posterity.

Mr Hines amusingly parrots the style of Trump-on-campaign. He is not able to
write a couple of lines without shouting or insulting.

So much marinade... like underpants at sea.

Mr. Hines posts a clear bet for a DEMOCRATIC scandal unraveling, bigger than
Watergate.

He is deploying his powers of disinformation with the assiduity a Comanche
covering his chief's tracks.

Let us make one thing clear, if a scandal does not put an end to the presidency
it is NOT bigger than Watergate.

It's good you have a god to pray to, Mr. Hines, that your prez does not
manage an international crisis with his gut and temper. Pray for some brain near him to show the way through the dire straights.

Putin is testing Trump.

If Trump doesn't counterpunch with at least damaging additional sanctions, he'll
show the judo black belt in the Kremlin that, Uke, the enemy (in political
terms) is weak and can be pushed to the edge of the tatami and will stay there, imagining itself great again, while the Moscow-Teheran-Damascus Triumvirate goes
from strength to strength and Vladimir takes bits of Ukraine or even NATO as a
prize.

Find limit, if any, by going past it.

Trump must show Putin his limit.

Do we have one?

Tiglath

Apr 6, 2017, 11:09:31โ€ฏAM4/6/17

Ho, ho, ho...

April and still Christmas.

The half-baked attempt to deflect attention from the president's Russia thing
ends in a colossal flop.

Nunes covered himself with glory on this one, and is out.

The Simpleton Sans Evidence, in the White House could not touch Susan Rice
either.

In fact Mr. Hines defense of Trump was far better conceived that Nunes'
ploy.

It's all so childish.

-----

What would Mr. Hines do about Syria, let us know your military perspective.
It's not bait, just curious.

After all you blame Gans for not having an opinion; what's yours?

It's the classic array of shitty options.

"In the service we are taught to choose the lesser weevil."

Now can simpleton Trump navigate these treacherous waters without starting
a war, or looking stupid?

Putin is turning out a master of world chess, and a novice know-nothing
president offers Putin a host of opportunities.

First there must be an investigation to determine who used Sarin.

Clearly, a bomb from the air will leave a different impression than a gas
shells exploding inside a building.

Obstructing the investigation should condemn both Assad and Putin.

And then what?