Who is Sir Alexander Bruce

GD Ingram

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
I have an Agnes Bruce m. ca.1526 John Traill, laird of Blebo, Co.Fife.
She is given as a dau of Sir Alexander Bruce, of Earlshall, and Janet
Stewart.
(still trying to extricate the source details from my contact -
apparently a charter of sassine? in favour of John Traill)

Can anyone tell me who this Alexander Bruce and his spouse may be -
&/or their ancestry?
Thanks - Guy
--
please remove the '.obvious' from my reply-to address when replying by
e-mail

olivier.auffray

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
From french book : "de Normandie au trône d'Ecosse" (from Normandy to the
throne of Scotland) by Claude Pitois ed. Charles Corlet

William Bruce of Birgham and of Earshall x Margaret Meldrum of Seggie
Agnès Bruce of Birgham and of Earshall x ? Kinninmont of Callinch
Ellen Bruce of Birgham and of Earshall x ? Ramsay of Brackmount
Janet Bruce of Birgham and of Earshall x Andrew Balfour of Montquhany
Margaret Bruce of Birgham and of Earshall x ? Trail of Blebo

Children of
Alexander Bruce of Birgham and of Earshall (+ 1504) x Janet d. of David
Stewart of Rosyth

2d son of
Alexander of Airth (+ 1487) x Margaret d. of Malcolm Forrester

1st son of
Robert Bruce of Clackmannan (executed 1487) x Janet d. of Alexander
Livingston

1st son of
Edward Bruce of Clackmannan (+ bef. 1427) x bef. 1417 Agnès (+ aft. 1468) d.
of William of Airth

3d son of
Robert Bruce of Clackmannan (+ ca 1389) x 1358 Isabelle (+ 1384) d. of
Robert Stewart of Innermeath

son of
Thomas Bruce of Clackmannan (+ ca 1348) x Marjory Charteris

MAYBE son of
John Bruce : uncle of Robert I Bruce king of Scotland

hope this help
--
\|/
(°_°)

GD Ingram <grin...@ozemail.obvious.com.au> a écrit dans le message :
aLwM4.10744$5D.2...@ozemail.com.au...

GD Ingram

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Merci beaucoup! Yes, your kind reply did help.
Am I correct to assume the dates you give after the + symbol are death
dates?

Pitois' account now raises other questions which I will put back to
the list.

1. My contact has now provided the primary souce which gave Agnes
Bruce as the spouse of John Traill of Blebo; Acta Dom. Concilii et
Sessionis, VI, fol.3, 14 Mar 1533/4 (place not cited) gives an action
by the heirs of Alexander Bruce (& their male spouses) against George,
Lord Seton for transferring an agreement to himself, dated 2 Dec 1507
Edin., between: his father George, Lord Seton and; Alexander's relict
Janet Stewart & the children's guardian/tutor, Edward Bruce. Neither
the daughter, Margaret, nor Kinnimont of Callinch are given as parties
to the action, and John T of Blebo is given as spouse to Agnes (sadly,
only the head of the action is quoted, and the particulars and outcome
are omitted). The other petitioners agree with Pitois' account of
Alexander's children & spouses. Can anyone tell me where this act or a
full transcription might be located?

2. Is the Janet Livingstone, dau of Alexander , the same Janet who
contracted to marry James Hamilton of Cadzow in 1422? This seems
unlikely as Hamilton supposedly d. after 1441, by which time,
presumeably, she was past bearing a child to a new husband. Any
suggestions?

3. Is Isabelle Stewart the sister of John Stewart, 1st of Lorne?

4. There has been recent mention in this list that the family of
Stewart of Airth is given in Burke's - does anyone have the details?
(I am v. remote from even common ref. material and have to rely on my
wits and others' kindness) Comments on reliability or otherwise of
Burke's account of this family are also invited.

Thanks - Guy
--
please remove the '.obvious' from my reply-to address when replying by
e-mail

olivier.auffray <olivier...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

wina...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2017, 9:14:02 PM9/8/17
On Sunday, 23 April 2000 17:00:00 UTC+10, GD Ingram wrote:
> I have an Agnes Bruce m. ca.1526 John Traill, laird of Blebo, Co.Fife.
> She is given as a dau of Sir Alexander Bruce, of Earlshall, and Janet
> Stewart.
> (still trying to extricate the source details from my contact -
> apparently a charter of sassine? in favour of John Traill)
>
> Can anyone tell me who this Alexander Bruce and his spouse may be -
> &/or their ancestry?
> Thanks - Guy
> --
> please remove the '.obvious' from my reply-to address when replying by
> e-mail

Hi Guy email me direct and I will give you the information. They are my Ancestors. Cheers Lyn

kendra...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2019, 1:38:01 AM10/29/19
Hi I would love some more information about Sir Alexander Bruce (De Brus) 1st of Earlshall and his wife Janet Stewart of Rossyth and their daughter Agnes Bruce and husband John Trail I need farther back from Sir Alexander Bruce I know on one side of my family’s tree Robert the Bruce is my step 3rd great-grandfather of my 19th great-grandfather this is all just my dads fathers side I have found lots but I’m stuck with some spots
Please email me at
kendra...@hotmail.ca