Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

Offering (Again) Lookups in NYC

7 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Allan Jordan aejordan@aol.com

okunmadı,
5 Ara 2016 23:30:425.12.2016
alıcı
I am starting to compile request for another research trip to New York City
visiting the Municipal Archives and the NY Public Library. It is possible
this Thursday but more likely early next week.

I will be available to get copies of certificates at the NYC Municipal
Archives as well as at the NY Public Library.

Anyone who has availed my services in the past knows I have a sort of set
routine. On these trips I am basically working as your eyes and legs for
people who can not get to the Archives or Library themselves. Generally what
I do is transcribe certificates where you have already found the numbers
from the online indexes or sometimes check for missing records with the
tools at the Archives.

Yes I can retrieve the City Clerk marriage licenses the ones where the
indexes went on line a few months ago and now up to 1950 should be available
at the Archives.

As a reminder I can only access births through 1909, marriages through 1937,
City Clerk licenses through 1950 (after that requires going to the marriage
bureau); and deaths through 1948. Also I can do natrualizations at the NY
Supreme Court which is in the same building and probates for Manhattan.

At the Library I can access the newspapers, city directories, NY Census and
various databases plus sometimes retrieve books and make copies.

I ask everyone to cover the costs including the printing of certificates
(if you want them) which is $11 each plus a little for me to help offset my
travel costs. Same for copy costs at the NY Public Library.

What I do is take the details you have and in the case of the Archives I
actually look at each certificate on the microfilm before placing the copy
order to make sure it is what you said it was. Sometimes I have to clean up
errors in transcription of numbers, research from your info to find the
correct certificate number. etc.

I pay for the certificates and then trust you to reimburse me. I can either
scan and email or mail certificates. I type notes and email.

Please understand that generic searches when you only have vague details
(like Moshie married Sally but that's all I know) or are trying to breakdown
a brickwall that you have been working at for years requires an investment
of time beyond a quick retrieval and I can not include in this offer.

I am always happy to discuss any and all research questions involving NYC
area look ups.

Allan Jordan
Jewishgen receiving a commission.
It’s an easy way to help JewishGen!
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.

Allan Jordan aejordan@aol.com

okunmadı,
13 Şub 2017 20:41:5313.02.2017
alıcı
I am starting to compile request for another research trip to New York City
visiting the Municipal Archives and the NY Public Library. It is likely
this Thursday.
Watch JewishGen's video -- click here:

Allan Jordan aejordan@aol.com

okunmadı,
5 May 2017 11:45:375.05.2017
alıcı
I have not offered lookups for a while but I am starting to compile
request for another research trip to New York City visiting the
Municipal Archives and the NY Public Library. It might be next
Thursday depending on schedules.

I will be available to get copies of certificates at the NYC
Municipal Archives as well as at the NY Public Library.

Anyone who has availed my services in the past knows I have a sort
of set routine. On these trips I am basically working as your eyes
and legs for people who can not get to the Archives or Library
themselves. Generally what I do is transcribe certificates where you
have already found the numbers from the online indexes or sometimes
check for missing records with the tools at the Archives.

Yes I can retrieve the City Clerk marriage licenses, the ones where
the indexes went on line a few months ago, and now up to 1950 is
available at the Archives.

As a reminder I can only access births through 1909, marriages through
1937, City Clerk licenses through 1950 (after that requires going to
the marriage bureau); and deaths through 1948. Also I can do
natrualizations at the NY Supreme Court which is in the same building
and probates for Manhattan.

At the Library I can access the newspapers, city directories, NY
Census and various databases plus sometimes retrieve books and make
copies.

I ask everyone to cover the costs including the printing of
certificates (if you want them) which is $11 each plus to help offset
my travel costs. Same for copy costs at the NY Public Library.

What I do is take the details you have and in the case of the Archives
I actually look at each certificate on the microfilm before placing
the copy order to make sure it is what you said it was. Sometimes I
have to clean up errors in transcription of numbers, research from
your info to find the correct certificate number. etc.

I pay for the certificates and then trust you to reimburse me. I can
either scan and email or mail certificates. I type notes and email.

Please understand that generic searches when you only have vague
details (like Hirsch married Sima but that's all I know) or are

Allan Jordan aejordan@aol.com

okunmadı,
14 Haz 2017 23:19:4314.06.2017
alıcı
I have not offered lookups for a while but I am starting to compile request
for another research trip to New York City visiting the Municipal Archives
and the NY Public Library. It might be next week depending on schedules and
weather. (NYC just went through a heathwave this week.)

I have some backlogged requested and I will be available to get copies of
certificates at the NYC Municipal Archives as well as at the NY Public Library.

Anyone who has availed my services in the past knows I have a sort of set
routine. On these trips I am basically working as your eyes and legs for
people who can not get to the Archives or Library themselves.

Generally what I do is transcribe certificates (or buy copies) where you have
already found the numbers from the online indexes or sometimes check for
missing records with the tools at the Archives.

Yes I can retrieve the City Clerk marriage licenses, the ones where the
indexes went on line a few months ago, and now up to 1950 is available at the
Archives.

As a reminder I can only access births through 1909, marriages through 1937,
City Clerk licenses through 1950 (after that requires going to the marriage
bureau); and deaths through 1948. Also I can do naturalizations at the NY
Supreme Court which is in the same building and probates for Manhattan.

At the Library I can access the newspapers, city directories, NY Census and
various databases plus sometimes retrieve books and make copies.

I ask everyone to cover the costs including the printing of certificates (if
you want them) which is $11 each plus to help offset my costs. Same for copy
costs at the NY Public Library.

What I do is take the details you have and in the case of the Archives I
actually look at each certificate on the microfilm before placing the copy
order to make sure it is what you said it was. Sometimes I have to clean up
errors in transcription of numbers, research from your info to find the
correct certificate number. etc.

I pay for the certificates and then trust you to reimburse me.

I can either scan and email or mail certificates. I type notes and email.

Please understand that generic searches when you only have vague details
(like Hirsch married Sima but that's all I know) or are trying to breakdown
a brickwall that you have been working at for years requires an investment
of time beyond a quick retrieval and I can not include in this offer.

I am always happy to discuss any and all research questions involving NYC
area look ups.

Allan Jordan
Join JewishGen at the 37th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy from 23–28 July 2017 at the Disney World
Swan Resort, Orlando, Florida. 300 lectures, workshops, SIG
meetings, luncheons and films. Online databases, networking,
and mentoring from experts. Live! web streaming of over 60
featured lectures available. For details, visit IAJGS2017.org

Allan Jordan aejordan@aol.com

okunmadı,
26 Haz 2017 20:10:4326.06.2017
alıcı
Reminder, I have offered lookups at the New York City Municipal
Archives and NY Supreme Court Naturalizations.

I have some backlogged requested and I will be available to get copies
of certificates at the NYC Municipal Archives as.

Anyone who has availed my services in the past knows I have a sort of
set routine. On these trips I am basically working as your eyes and
legs for people who can not get to the Archives themselves.

Generally what I do is transcribe certificates (or buy copies) where
you have already found the numbers from the online indexes or sometimes
check for missing records with the tools at the Archives.

Yes I can retrieve the City Clerk marriage licenses, the ones where the
indexes went on line a few months ago, and now up to 1950 is available
at the Archives.

As a reminder I can only access births through 1909, marriages through
1937, City Clerk licenses through 1950 (after that requires going to the
marriage bureau); and deaths through 1948. Also I can do
naturalizations at the NY Supreme Court which is in the same building
and probates for Manhattan.

I ask everyone to cover the costs including the printing of certificates
(if you want them) which is $11 each plus to help offset my costs.

Allan Jordan aejordan@aol.com

okunmadı,
6 Tem 2017 00:46:176.07.2017
alıcı
I am going to be doing another round of lookups next week and wanted to offer if
anyone needs documents from the New York Municipal Archives or naturalizations or
Manhattan probate.

I will be available to get copies of certificates at the NYC Municipal Archives.
aejo...@aol.com

MODERATOR: Please respond privately
0 yeni ileti