Yizkor Book Project, August 2018

bounce-3567344-792487@lyris.jewishgen.org bounce-3567344-792487@lyris.jewishgen.org

Sep 3, 2018, 1:20:29 AM9/3/18
Shalom,

With the High Holidays just around the corner, this is an apt opportunity
to wish you, dear readers and families, a very sweet, healthy and
particularly happy New Year.

In the meantime, I would like to update you about quite a deal of progress
that was made in the Yizkor Book Project over the last month.

For one, we saw the complete translation of yet another Yizkor book go
online. This time for Dieveniskis, Lithuania which was energetically and
tirelessly coordinated by Adam Cherson and I do salute him for his
dedication in this project and the others he leads. The progress made in
all the translation projects we run is undoubtedly due to the dedication
and time that our volunteer coordinators place into them, and we do owe
them a great deal of thanks for this.

Another addition to the YB Project last month is a pamphlet called
"Leaving Rischard" which is a family drama originating in Brzeziny and
Lodz unraveled by Swedish Television. This pamphlet, written and kindly
donated to us by Mark Ejlenberg and he informed me that the movie will
be aired on September 25th on Swedish Television.

This month, an exciting new addition was added to our library of books
published by our Yizkor Books in Print Project: "An Eternal Light: Brody,
in Memoriam". If you would like to receive more details of where this or
any of the many other books that are now available, please see the link
at the end of this report. Please note that the books we have published
are either those that were completely translated within the YB Project
framework or were donated to us in their entirety. It is clear (at least
to me) that we are only able to publish complete books and those projects
that are still work in progress, will need to wait to we complete them.
So if there is a book you are interested in seeing on your bookshelf and
has yet to be fully translated, we would welcome your financial support
to help us fulfill the task of completing its translation and publishing
it. The JewishGen-erosity page has a list of projects that are need of
such support and there is a link to this list at the end of this report.

Finally and by-the-way, if one of your New Year resolutions is to become
involved in our project in any sort of way, I would be very pleased to
hear from you.

And now for the additions and updates are what we've carried out during
August:

We have added in one new book:

- Leaving Rischard (The Raszewski family tree from 1789)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/LeavingRischard/LeavingRischard.html

We have added in 11 new entries:

- Bil'che-Zolote, Ukraine (Memorial book, Jezierzany and Surroundings)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/ozeryany/oze431.html

- Ceikiniai, Lithuania (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve1039.html

- Dukstas, Lithuania (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve1277.html

- Gaveikenai, Lithuania (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve1041.html

- Granice, Poland (Sosnowiec and the Surrounding Region in Zaglembie)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Sosnowiec/Sos358.html

- Ignalina, Lithuania (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve0969.html

- Kozyany, Belarus (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve1597.html

- Merkin, Lithuania (Preserving Our Litvak Heritage - Volume I)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/lithuania4/lit4_288.html

- Narach, Belarus (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve1601.html

- Pastavy, Belarus (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve1586.html

- Vidzy, Belarus (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23 communities)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/sve1590.html

And we have continued to update 25 of our existing projects:

- Berezne, Ukraine (My Town Berezne)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Berezne/Berezne.html

- Bialystok, Poland (The chronicle of Bialystok)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Bialystok/Bialystok.html

- Czyzew-Osada, Poland (Czyzewo Memorial Book)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Czyzew/Czyzew.html

- Dieveniskis, Lithuania (Devenishki book; memorial book)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/dieveniskes/dieveniskes.html

- Dorohoi, Romania (Generations of Judaism and Zionism in Dorohoi, Saveni,
Mihaileni, Darabani, Herta, Radauti-Prut - volume 2)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Dorohoi/Dorohoi2.html

- Dorohoi, Romania (Generations of Judaism and Zionism in Dorohoi, Saveni,
Mihaileni, Darabani, Herta, Radauti-Prut - volume 4)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Dorohoi/Dorohoi4.html

- Dubno, Ukraine (Dubno; a Memorial to the Jewish community of Dubno,
Wolyn) www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/dubno/dubno.html

- Dynow, Poland (The Memorial Book of Jewish Dinov)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/dynow1/dynow1.html

- Jonava, Lithuania (Jonava On the Banks of the Vylia; In memory of the
destroyed Jewish community of Jonava)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Jonava/Jonava.html

- Kherson, Ukraine (Jewish Farmers in Russian Fields)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/JewishFarmers/JewishFarmers.html

- Lviv, Ukraine (Lwow Volume: Part I)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/lviv/lviv.html

- Miechow, Charsznica & Ksiaz, Poland (Miechov Memorial Book, Charsznica
and Ksiaz) www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Miechow/Miechow.html

- Miedzyrzec Podlaski, Poland (Mezritsh Book, in Memory of the Martyrs of
our City)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Miedzyrzec_Podlaski/Miedzyrzec_Podlaski.html

- Monor, Hungary (Bound by Fate: In Memory of the Jewish Community of
Monor) www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Monor/Monor.html

- Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki, Poland (Memories from Nowy-Dwor)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/nowy_dwor1/nowy_dwor1.html

- Ozerna, Ukraine (Memorial book of Jezierna)
www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/Ozerna/Ozerna.html

- Ozeryany, Ukraine (Memorial book, Jezierzany and surroundings)
www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/Ozeryany/Ozeryany.html

- Rivne, Ukraine (Rowno; a memorial to the Jewish community of Rowno,
Wolyn) www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/rovno/rovno.html

- Svencionys, Lithuania (Svintzian region: memorial book of 23
communities) www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/svencionys/svencionys.html

- Tarnow, Poland (The life and decline of a Jewish city)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/tarnow/tarnow.html

- Turobin, Poland (The Turobin book; in memory of the Jewish community)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Turobin/Turobin.html

- The Jacob Rassen Story
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/JacobRassen/JacobRassen.html

- Warszawa, Poland (Book of Warsaw)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Warsaw/Warsaw.html

- We want to live www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/WantToLive/WantToLive.html

- Wyszkow, Poland (Wyszkow Book)
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/Wyszkow/Wyszkow.html

Some important links to note:

- This month's additions and updates are flagged at
www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/translations.html to make it easy to find them.
- All you would like to know about the Yizkor Books in Print Project
www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/ybip.html
- Yizkor Book Translation Funds
www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen-erosity/v_projectslist.asp?project_cat=23
where your financial support will assist in seeing more translations go
online.

Shana Tova,
Lance Ackerfeld
Yizkor Book Project Manager

IAJGS Conference in Warsaw

If you can't join us this week for the IAJGS 2018
Warsaw Conference on Jewish Genealogy - see what
sessions are ON-DEMAND! at www.iajgs2018.org
Jewishgen receiving a commission.
It's an easy way to help JewishGen!
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.