Regional archives (upcoming trip to Poland)

Shaul Ceder shaul.ceder@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 12:06:50 PM6/12/17
As I am planning a genealogical trip to Poland in August, and I am aware
that vital records which are over a century old are transferred to regional
archives, I would like some information on which regional archives serve as
the repositories for the records of certain towns. While such metropolises
as Warsaw and Lodz would contain their own regional archives, I would like
to know which archives hold the old records for the following towns:

Ciechanow
Gostynin
Gowarczow
Opoczno
Piotrkow Trybunalski
Plock
Przedborz

Thank you for any help.

Shaul Ceder
Join JewishGen at the 37th IAJGS International Conference
on Jewish Genealogy from 23–28 July 2017 at the Disney World
Swan Resort, Orlando, Florida. 300 lectures, workshops, SIG
meetings, luncheons and films. Online databases, networking,
and mentoring from experts. Live! web streaming of over 60
featured lectures available. For details, visit IAJGS2017.org
Jewishgen receiving a commission.
It's an easy way to help JewishGen!
would like the convenience of receiving all soc.genealogy.jewish posts in
your mailbox, instead of having to search for them in the newsgroup, whose
content may not be consistently carried in its entirety by all providers.

Roger Lustig gersig.research@verizon.net

Jun 12, 2017, 9:03:54 PM6/12/17
Shaul:

The place to check for these things is:

http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en

which shows the vital-records holdings and their location for the town
you enter.

Roger Lustig
Princeton, NJ
Prussian Poland area coordinator, JRI-Poland

On 6/12/2017 5:54 AM, Shaul Ceder shaul...@gmail.com wrote:
> As I am planning a genealogical trip to Poland in August, and I am aware
> that vital records which are over a century old are transferred to regional
> archives, I would like some information on which regional archives serve as
> the repositories for the records of certain towns. While such metropolises
> as Warsaw and Lodz would contain their own regional archives, I would like
> to know which archives hold the old records for the following towns:
>
> Ciechanow
> Gostynin
> Gowarczow
> Opoczno
> Piotrkow Trybunalski
> Plock
> Przedborz
>
> Thank you for any help.

Shaul Ceder shaul.ceder@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 9:09:55 PM6/12/17
Thank you, Roger. But when I checked the site, most places only indicated
records for the 1810-1825 period, and I am definitely interested in the
mid-to-late 19th and early 20th centuries as well. Is there any place to
check up on them?

Thanks,

Shaul Ceder
Jerusalem, Israel

Roger Lustig [mailto:gersig....@verizon.net] wrote
> The place to check for these things is:
>
> http://baza.archiwa.gov.pl/sezam/pradziad.php?l=en
>
> which shows the vital-records holdings and their location for the town you enter.

Alexander Sharon a.sharon@shaw.ca

Jun 12, 2017, 11:15:00 PM6/12/17
Shaul Ceder wrote:

> As I am planning a genealogical trip to Poland in August, and I am aware
> that vital records which are over a century old are transferred to regional
> archives, I would like some information on which regional archives serve as
> the repositories for the records of certain towns. While such metropolises
> as Warsaw and Lodz would contain their own regional archives, I would like
> to know which archives hold the old records for the following towns:
>
> Ciechanow
> Gostynin
> Gowarczow
> Opoczno
> Piotrkow Trybunalski
> Plock
> Przedborz

Hi Shaul,

1. Ciechanow
Records for years 1826-1911
are located in Mlawa branch of The Warsaw Government Archives
Address: 06-500 Mlawa, ul. Narutowicza 3
tel: (23) 654-33-09
fax: (23) 655-23-61
email: apw....@warszawa.ap.gov.pl
https://www.warszawa.ap.gov.pl/
location: 137/0 Akta stanu cywilnego wyznania mojzeszowego Ciechanow powiat
ciechanowski

2. Gostynin

Old Jewish records didn't survive. Only the interwar documents: Birth
1917-1935, Deaths 1927-1935 and Marriages 1920-1926 are located in Gostynin
and Plock Registry (Urzad Stanu Cywilnego).

3. Gowarczow

Records for period 1826 to 1940
Are located in Radom Government Archives
26-600 Radom, ul. Wernera 7
tel: (48) 377-90-50 do 51
fax: (48) 377-90-52
email: kance...@radom.ap.gov.pl
http://www.radom.ap.gov.pl/
zespoz:
449/0 Urzad Stanu Cywilnego Okregu Bozniczego Gowarczow

4. Opoczno

Records are spread between Kielce Government Archives (Depository No. 582/0)
and Piotrkow Trybunalski Government Archives (Depository No.332/0)

5. Piotrkow Trybunalski

Piotrkow Trybunalski Government Archives
97-300 Piotrkow Trybunalski, ul. Torunska 4
tel: (44) 649-69-71
fax: (44) 649-69-71
email: kance...@piotrkow-tryb.ap.gov.pl
http://www.piotrkow-tryb.ap.gov.pl/

333/0 Akta stanu cywilnego Okregu Bozniczego w Piotrkowie Trybunalskim

6. Plock

Plock Government Archives
09-400 Plock, ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego 9 B
tel: (24) 266-29-10
fax: (24) 266-29-11
email: sekre...@plock.ap.gov.pl
http://www.plock.ap.gov.pl/

373/0 Akta stanu cywilnego wyznania mojzeszowego gminy wyznaniowej Plock
powiat plocki

7. Przedborz

Piotrkow Trybunalski Government Archives
97-300 Piotrkow Trybunalski, ul. Torunska 4
tel: (44) 649-69-71
fax: (44) 649-69-71
email: kance...@piotrkow-tryb.ap.gov.pl
http://www.piotrkow-tryb.ap.gov.pl/

334/0 Akta stanu cywilnego Okregu Bozniczego w Przedborzu

Hope this help.

Alexander Sharon
JGFF editor

Shaul Ceder shaul.ceder@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2017, 6:42:18 PM6/13/17
My thanks to everyone who responded. Since the Polish archives are closed in
August, I have re-booked the trip to October, and the information sent to me
is still good.

Shaul Ceder