Tipperary Wicklow Davis Armstrong, Carlow Dawson Hynes

1 view

Travelingman

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
Please excuse me if this seems a bit much to ask but me poor mother told me
if ye never ask, ye never will get?

She also said some were kissed with the blarney stone but I was beaten
severely? Go figure.

I am looking for information on the following if anyone can help.
Davis Tipperary Church of Ireland

Father Joseph Davis
Mother Jane Smith
Son Joseph Edward Davis c 1836 born County Tipperary, Poss. Daughter Mrs
Sarah Bell Clonard Dublin, Son born Kile Parish Dublin daughter Elizabeth
Davis possibly Dublin 14 June 1874 emigrated to Australia
Son William Davis c 1848 born Burntwood Tipperary emigrated to Australia

Father John Armstrong possible (in Ballyfree East 1918)
Mother Elizabeth Harman
Daughter Elizabeth Armstrong born c 1853 Wicklow emigrated to Australia
Daughter Annie born 14 June 1843 Newtown Wicklow Married Joseph Edward Davis
Rathdowney Laois emigrated to Australia
Daughter L Armstrong around Belfast 1918
Poss. Daughter Mrs Sarah Bell Clonard Dublin (yes I am not sure if a Davis
or an Armstrong)
Poss. Daughter S Armstrong Nurse emigrated to Australia

Father John Dawson Rathtoe Carlow
Mother Margaret Hynes
Son James Dawson 10 January 1947 Carlow emigrated to Australia
Daughter Judith (Julia) Dawson born 23 December 1848 Carlow emigrated to
Australia
Daughter Bridget Dawson
Son Bernard Dawson
Son Thomas Dawson

Will try Griffith's Valuation as soon as I work out how to.

I am looking really out of interest or I should say curiosity more than
anything but in William Davis's papers I found a letter written by the
following thanking him for his services for the past 18 months before he
emigrated to Australia, he was in the R.I.C. between 1865 and 1872.Is it
possible to get R.I.C. members records?

Letter was embossed Bellview, Crossakiel (Crossakeel exists on maps) County
Meath
Signature Mayard L Notheraccy or Notherarry

Regards,

Paul Davis
travel...@bigpond.com
awand...@hotmail.com

John Heueston

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
The service records of the officers and men of the RIC are extant and copies
are held in various depositories. If there is a family history centre of
the LDS(Mormon) Church near where you live you can go there and request to
see microfilm reels nos 0856065 and 0856066 . These cover the period between
1865 and 1872

Re your other enquiries: Tipperary C of I parish records exist for births
1779-1875 , marriages 1779-1845 and burials 1779-1875. They are on
microfilm in the National Archives, Bishop St., Dublin. "Kile" parish ,
Dublin may be Kill, now known as Kill o` the Grange C of I . Deans Grange
,Blackrock , Co. Dublin. This Church was built in 1864 and its records were
destroyed by fire in 1922.

Burntwood, Tipperary is in the C of I parish of Modreeny, Their records
are held in the Representative Church Body Library, Dublin and consist of
births 1879-1976; marriages 1845-1980; burials 1878-1959.

Wicklow C of I parish records are also in the RCB. These are births
1655-1991; marriages 1729-1956 : burials 1729-1909.

Newtown , Wicklow is probably the parish of Newtownmountkennedy, known as
Newcastle C of I . Their records are held in the parish. These are births
1698-1875; marriages 1698-1845 :burials 1707-1875.

We hope that the above information will be of some interest to you.

John Heueston, Irish Family History Society
( If you are researching in Ireland, why not join us. See our web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~ifhs)
Wiclow
Travelingman <travel...@bigpond.com> wrote in message