Madonna's French Canadian genealogy

Richard J. Violette

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

I recall about six months ago showing a friend of mine (who is a BIG
fan of Madonna) a web page which showed her French Canadian ancestry.
Not being a big fan of Madonna myself (and I notice that she NEVER
mentions her French ancestry, just her Italian roots), I neglected to
bookmark it. Now I can no longer locate the site, even using search
engines. Does anyone here know where I can find this?

Thanks / merci,

/s/ Rich.V.

LOOKING FOR: Bienvenu, Bissonette, Bourassa, Brassard dit Pilote,
Brissette, Côté, Collet, Desaulniers, Diel, Fournier, Helie, Houde,
Lacerte, Langevin, Lemaitre, Lesieur, Müller, Robichaud, Saint-Pierre,
Sarkesian, Thibodeau, Troie, Violette

C. Bordeleau

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

Richard J. Violette wrote:

> I recall about six months ago showing a friend of mine (who is a BIG
> fan of Madonna) a web page which showed her French Canadian ancestry.

It might have been a page that was posted for some time on Denis
Beauregard's site, but I don't think it's there any more. There was also
a post last December about the Rioux connection, through one of Madona's
great-great-grandmother. Try the following:

http://xp9.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?recnum=2077396&server=dnserver.db96q5&CONTEXT=856161966.12804&hitnum=3

> Not being a big fan of Madonna myself (and I notice that she NEVER
> mentions her French ancestry, just her Italian roots), I neglected to

Since Madonna Fortin died of breast cancer when her daughter was only 5,
it may account for Madonna not having strong ties with that side of the
family.

> bookmark it. Now I can no longer locate the site, even using search
> engines. Does anyone here know where I can find this?

The DejaNews search engine, as indicated above, provided the
information. With that, and a few other sources, I have created a Web
page to show a partial Fortin ascendancy at:

http://www.acpo.on.ca/claude/arbres/madonna.htm

Perhaps, other people can add to this and make the connection to the
first Fortin to come to New France.

Claude Bordeleau
bord...@rmc.ca
http://www.acpo.on.ca/claude/index.htm

John P. DuLong

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

In article 5e3g42$m...@news-central.tiac.net,

viol...@tiac.net (Richard J. Violette) said:

>I recall about six months ago showing a friend of mine (who is a BIG
>fan of Madonna) a web page which showed her French Canadian
>ancestry.
>Not being a big fan of Madonna myself (and I notice that she NEVER
>mentions her French ancestry, just her Italian roots), I neglected
>bookmark it. Now I can no longer locate the site, even using search
>engines. Does anyone here know where I can find this?

I do not know about the web page, but the original research to trace Madonna's French
Canadian roots was published in _Michigan's Habitant Heritage_ in 1994. This is the Journal of the French Canadian Heritage Society of Michigan (FCHSM). It was also reprinted in _Ces gens de mon pays_ starting with 1:2 (Summer 1994): 31-35. In both journals it was a series that went over several issues. René Jetté and Gail F. Moreau were the researchers who published this genealogy. You can go to the FCHSM home page at: http://wwnet.com/~dulongj/fchsm.html and there get the address for the Lansing headquarters. Someone there s
hould be able to photocopy the article for you or sell you back issues of the journal. I hope this helps.
John P. DuLong, Ph.D.
Acadian and French Canadian Genealogy
959 Oxford Road
Berkley, MI 48072-2011
(810) 541-2894

Roger A. Chatell

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Richard J. Violette wrote:

> I recall about six months ago showing a friend of mine (who is a BIG
> fan of Madonna) a web page which showed her French Canadian ancestry.
> Not being a big fan of Madonna myself (and I notice that she NEVER
> mentions her French ancestry, just her Italian roots), I neglected to
> bookmark it. Now I can no longer locate the site, even using search
> engines. Does anyone here know where I can find this?
>

> Thanks / merci,
>
> /s/ Rich.V.
>
> LOOKING FOR: Bienvenu, Bissonette, Bourassa, Brassard dit Pilote,

> Brissette, Ctti, Collet, Desaulniers, Diel, Fournier, Helie, Houde,
> Lacerte, Langevin, Lemaitre, Lesieur, M|ller, Robichaud, Saint-Pierre,
> Sarkesian, Thibodeau, Troie, Violette

Hello all.

Wow! If someone can help this gentleman, please put the info out
to all, as opposed to going directly to him, you know. I'd be interested
in hearing about this one.

Roger
s02...@grog.ric.edu

Bob Wespiser

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

Back by popular demand......
Ancestors of Madonna Veronica Louise CICCONE - 18 Feb 1997

"Roger A. Chatell" <s02...@GROG.RIC.EDU>
FIRST GENERATION

1. Madonna Veronica Louise CICCONE was born on 16 Aug 1958 in Bay City,
Bay, Michigan, USA.

SECOND GENERATION

2. Silvio P. CICCONE was born ? in ?. He died ? in ?. He was married
to Madonna Louise FORTIN on 2 Jul 1955 in Bay City, Bay, Michigan, USA.

3. Madonna Louise FORTIN was born ? in ?. She died ? in ?.

THIRD GENERATION

6. Willard FORTIN was born ? in ?. He died ? in ?. He was married to
Elsie FORTIN on 23 Nov 1929 in Bay City, Bay, Michigan, USA.

7. Elsie FORTIN was born ? in ?. She died ? in ?.

FOURTH GENERATION

12. Narcisse FORTIN was born ? in ?. He died ? in ?. He was married
to Rose LAJOIE on 7 Jan 1891 in West Bay City, Bay, Michigan, USA.

13. Rose LAJOIE was born ? in ?. She died ? in ?.

FIFTH GENERATION

24. Narcisse FORTIN was born ? in ?. He died ? in ?. He was married
to Felicite RIOUX on 9 Feb 1847 in St-Simon, Rimouski, PQ.

25. Felicite RIOUX was born ? in ?. She died ? in ?.

SIXTH GENERATION

50. Vincent RIOUX was born ? in ?. He died ? in ?. He was married to
Marie Josephte SIROIS on 7 Feb 1803 in L'Isle Verte, Riviere-du-Loup,
PQ.

51. Marie Josephte SIROIS was born ? in ?. She died ? in ?.

SEVENTH GENERATION

100. Vincent RIOUX was born ? in ?. He died ? in ?. He was married to
Julienne DROUIN on 1 Jul 1766 in St-Francois, Ile d'Orleans, Montmorency
II, PQ.

101. Julienne DROUIN was born ? in ?. She died ? in ?.

EIGHTH GENERATION

200. Vincent RIOUX was born on 14 Feb 1690 in Ste-Famille, Ile
d'Orleans, Montmorency II, PQ. He died ? in ?. He was married to
Catherine COTE on 20 Aug 1731 in Rimouski, Rimouski, PQ.

201. Catherine COTE was born in 1700 in Province of Quebec. She died ?
in ?.

202. Joseph DROUIN was born ? in ?. He died ? in ?. He was married to
Marie Angelique CHAUSSE ? in ?.

203. Marie Angelique CHAUSSE was born ? in ?. She died ? in ?.

NINTH GENERATION

400. Jean RIOUX was born on 20 Mar 1652 in Ploujean, Morlaix,
Finistere, France. He died before 1710 in Trois-Pistoles,
Riviere-du-Loup, PQ. He was married to Catherine LEBLOND on 10 Jan 1678
in Ste-Famille, Ile d'Orleans, Montmorency II, PQ.

401. Catherine LEBLOND was born on 4 Oct 1664 in Ile-d'Orleans,
Montmorency II, PQ. She died ? in ?.

402. Jean Baptiste COTE was born on 24 Aug 1670 in Beauport, Quebec,
PQ. He died ? in ?. He was married to Francoise CHORET on 24 Oct 1695
in St-Pierre, Ile d'Orleans, PQ.

403. Francoise CHORET was born on 31 Dec 1679 in St-Pierre, Ile
d'Orleans, PQ. She died ? in ?.

TENTH GENERATION

800. Jean RIOUX-KEROCHIOU was born on 8 Mar 1619 in France. He died ?
in France. He was married to Marguerite GUINGUEN ? in France.

801. Marguerite GUINGUEN was born on 12 Dec 1622 in France. She died ?
in France.

802. Nicolas LEBLOND died in Sep in Hotel-Dieu, Quebec City, PQ. He
was born in 1637 in Notre Dame-de-Honfleur, Lisieux, Calvados, France.
He was married to Marguerite LECLERC on 13 Oct 1661 in Chateau-Richer,
Montmorency I, PQ.

803. Marguerite LECLERC was born on 10 Feb 1640 in St-Remi, Dieppe,
Seine-Maritime, France. She was christened on 12 Feb 1640 in St-Remi,
Dieppe, Seine-Maritime, France. She died in 1705 in Ste-Famille, Ile
d'Orleans, Montmorency II, PQ. She was buried on 24 Jan 1705 in
Ste-Famille, Ile d'Orleans, Montmorency II, PQ.

804. Jean COTE II was born on 25 Feb 1644 in Quebec City, PQ. He died
before 26 Mar 1722 in PQ, Canada. He was married to Anne COUTURE on 11
Nov 1669 in Quebec City, PQ.

805. Anne COUTURE was born on 22 Jan 1652 in Quebec City, PQ. She died
on 26 Nov 1684 in Quebec City, PQ.

806. Joseph CHORET was born on 14 Aug 1650 in Quebec City, PQ. He died
on 28 Oct 1684 in Hotel-Dieu, Quebec City, PQ. He was married to Anne
LOIGNON on 29 Oct 1676 in Ste-Famille, Ile d'Orleans, Montmorency II,
PQ.

807. Anne LOIGNON was born on 28 Apr 1663 in Chateau-Richer,
Montmorency I, PQ. She was christened on 1 May 1663 in Chateau-Richer,
Montmorency I, PQ. She died ? in ?.

ELEVENTH GENERATION

1600. Jacques KEROCHIOU was born ? in France. He died ? in France. He
was married to Jeannette LEFEREC on 8 Feb 1618 in France.

1601. Jeannette LEFEREC was born ? in France. She died ? in France.

1604. Jacques LEBLOND was born about 1607 in France. He died ? in ?.
He was married to Francoise NOLAN about 1632 in France.

1605. Francoise NOLAN was born about 1607 in France. She died ? in ?.

1606. Jean LECLERC was born about 1610. He died ? in ?. He was
married to Perrette BRUNEL about 1635 in France.

1607. Perrette BRUNEL was born about 1610 in France. She died ? in ?.

1608. Jean COTE I was born about 1614 in Mortagne, Orne, France. He
died on 27 Mar 1661 in Quebec City, PQ. He was married to Anne MARTIN
on 17 Nov 1635 in Quebec City, PQ.

1609. Anne MARTIN was born in 1601 in Origins unknown. She died on 4
Dec 1684 in Quebec City, PQ.

1610. Guillaume COUTURE was born in 1615 in St-Godard, Rouen,
Seine-Maritime, France. He died on 4 Apr 1701 in Hotel-Dieu, Quebec
City, PQ. He was married to Anne AYMARD on 18 Nov 1649 in Quebec City,
PQ.

1611. Anne AYMARD was born on 22 Oct 1627 in St-Andre, Niort, Poitiers,
Deux-Sevres, France. She died on 17 Jan 1700 in Lauzon, Levis, PQ. She
was buried on 18 Jan 1700 in Lauzon, Levis, PQ.

1612. Mathieu CHORET II was born about 1622 in Notre Dame-de-Cogne,
LaRochelle, Charente-Maritime, France. He died on 27 Mar 1664 in Quebec
City, PQ. He was buried on 28 Mar 1664 in Quebec City, PQ. He was
married to Sebastienne VEILLON on 4 Mar 1647 in
Ste-Marguerite-de-LaRochelle, Charente-Maritime, France.

1613. Sebastienne VEILLON was born about 1626 in Verdille, Ruffec,
Charente, France. She died ? in ?.

1614. Pierre LOIGNON was born in 1630 in Moussonvilliers,
Mortagne-au-Perche, Orne, France. He died on 18 Dec 1690 in Quebec
City, PQ. He was married to Francoise ROUSSIN on 8 Oct 1652 in Quebec
City, PQ.

1615. Francoise ROUSSIN was born about Dec 1631 in France. She was
christened on 14 Dec 1631 in France. She died on 3 Dec 1691 in
Hotel-Dieu, Quebec City, PQ. She was buried on 4 Dec 1691 in Quebec
City, PQ.

TWELFTH GENERATION

3220. Guillaume COUTURE was born about 1585 in France. He died ? in
?. He was married to Madeleine MALET about 1610 in France.

3221. Madeleine MALET was born about 1585 in France. She died ? in ?.

3222. Jean AYMARD was born about 1595 in St-Andre, Niort, Poitiers,
Deux-Sevres, France. He was buried before 29 Mar 1631 in St-Andre,
Paris, France. He was married to Marie BINEAU about 1620 in St-Andre,
Niort, Poitiers, Deux-Sevres, France.

3223. Marie BINEAU was born in 1603 in France. She died after 21 May
1648 in LaRochelle, Charente-Maritime, France.

3224. Mathieu CHORET I was born about 1592 in France. He died before
1647 in France. He was married to Jeanne SERRE about 1617 in France.

3225. Jeanne SERRE was born about 1592 in France. She died ? in ?.

3226. Maixent VEILLON was born about 1596 in France. He died ? in ?.
He was married to Bernarde VENET about 1621 in France.

3227. Bernarde VENET was born about 1596 in France. She died before
1647 in France.

3228. Denis LOIGNON was born about 1600 in France. He died ? in ?. He
was married to Francoise CHAPELIER about 1625 in France.

3229. Francoise CHAPELIER was born about 1600 in France. She died ? in
?.

3230. Jean ROUSSIN was born on 3 Oct 1597 in St-Aubin-de-Tourouvre,
Mortagne, Orne, France. He died after 1681 in L'Ange Gardien,
Montmorency I, PQ. He was married to Madeleine GIGUERE on 12 Jun 1622
in St-Aubin-de-Tourouvre, Mortagne, Orne, France.

3231. Madeleine GIGUERE was born on 26 May 1605 in
St-Aubin-de-Tourouvre, Mortagne, Orne, France. She was christened on 26
Jun 1605 in St-Aubin-de-Tourouvre, Mortagne, Orne, France. She died
before 3 Apr 1650 in Tourouvre, Mortagne, Orne, France.

THIRTEENTH GENERATION

6444. Simon AYMARD was born about 1568 in Niort, Deux-Sevres, France.
He was married to Judith GUITTOT about 1590 in France.

6445. Judith GUITTOT was born about 1569 in Niort, Deux-Sevres, France.

6460. Pierre ROUSSIN was born about 1567. He died before 1610 in
France. He was married to Jeanne NYEULLE about 1592 in France.

6461. Jeanne NYEULLE was born about 1567 in France. She died ? in ?.

6462. Jean GIGUERE was born about 1575 in France. He died ? in ?. He
was married to Madeleine VIETTE about 1600 in France.

6463. Madeleine VIETTE was born about 1575 in France. She died ? in ?.
--
Bob Wespiser, Acton, Massachusetts, USA
bob...@concentric.net

Baxter D. Laporte

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

Did you that Celine Dion and Roch Voisine, two well-known
French-Canadian singers also share the same ancestors ?

Denis Carrier

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97
to deni...@cyberabitibi.qc.ca

John P. DuLong wrote:

> In article 5e3g42$m...@news-central.tiac.net,
> viol...@tiac.net (Richard J. Violette) said:
> >
> >I recall about six months ago showing a friend of mine (who is a BIG
> >fan of Madonna) a web page which showed her French Canadian
> >ancestry.
> >Not being a big fan of Madonna myself (and I notice that she NEVER
> >mentions her French ancestry, just her Italian roots), I neglected
> >bookmark it. Now I can no longer locate the site, even using search
> >engines. Does anyone here know where I can find this?
> >
> I do not know about the web page, but the original research to trace Madonna's French
> Canadian roots was published in _Michigan's Habitant Heritage_ in 1994. This is the Journal of the French Canadian Heritage Society of Michigan
(FCHSM). It w
> hould be able to photocopy the article for you or sell you back issues of the journal. I hope this helps.
> John P. DuLong, Ph.D.
> Acadian and French Canadian Genealogy
> 959 Oxford Road
> Berkley, MI 48072-2011
> (810) 541-2894oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hi,

For your information, I have kept a hard copy of: MADONA "The Material
Girl" Rioux roots. News dated 6 Dec 1996. You can reach Mr. Tom Rioux at
U. Texas.
His Email is:

ri...@IP6480NL.CE.UTEXAS.EDU

Best Regards.

D.C.

Roger A. Chatell

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

Dear Bob,

Thank you very much for your posting of new mom Madonna's
genealogy. It's always nice to find a new celeb cousin. My last one was
when I found my ninth cousin Princess Diana of Wales in my English
ancestry.

Well, I gotta go now Bob. I'm off to buy my cousin's new CD.

Roger Chatell
s02...@grog.ric.edu

Henry Churchyard

Feb 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/20/97

In article <330802...@rmc.ca>, C. Bordeleau <bord...@rmc.ca> wrote:

>Richard J. Violette wrote:

>> I recall about six months ago showing a friend of mine (who is a BIG
>> fan of Madonna) a web page which showed her French Canadian ancestry.

> It might have been a page that was posted for some time on Denis
> Beauregard's site, but I don't think it's there any more. The

> DejaNews search engine, as indicated above, provided the information.
> With that, and a few other sources, I have created a Web page to show
> a partial Fortin ascendancy at:

> http://www.acpo.on.ca/claude/arbres/madonna.htm

> Perhaps, other people can add to this and make the connection to the
> first Fortin to come to New France.

Here's a tree from the GEDCOM that is (was?) on Denis Beauregard's site;
numbers in square brackets ar ahnentafel numbers:

.- Sylvio P. CICCONE [2] mar. 2 JUL 1955 Bay City (Visitation Ch),Mich
Madonna Veronica Louise CICCONE [1]
| .- Augustin FORTIN [96] mar. 17 NOV 1783 L'Islet (ND de Bonsecours)
| .- Augustin FORTIN [48] mar. 2 JUL 1806 St-Jean-Port-Joli
| | `- Judith THIBAULT [97]
| .- Narcisse FORTIN [24] mar. 9 FEB 1847 St-Simon de Rimouski,Quebec
| | | .- Henri GAUDREAU [98] mar. 3 NOV 1778 Montmagny
| | `- Marie Euphrosine GAUDREAU [49]
| | `- Marie Geneviève GAGNON [99]
| .- Narcisse/Nelson FORTIN [12] mar. 7 JAN 1891 West Bay City,BayCo,Mich
| | | .- Vincent RIOUX [100] mar. 1 JUL 1766 St-François,Ile d'Orléans
| | | .- Vincent RIOUX [50] mar. 7 FEB 1803 L'Isle Verte (St-Jn-Bte)
| | `- Félicité RIOUX [25]
| | | .- Pierre SIROIS DIT DUPLESSIS [102] mar. 31 JAN 1780 Kamouraska
| | `- Marie Josèphe SIROIS [51]
| | `- Marie Josèphe CHALOU [103]
| .- Willard FORTIN [6] mar. 23 NOV 1929 Bay City (Visitation Ch),Mich
| | | .- Joseph MOURSIN DIT LAJOIE [104] mar. 12 FEB 1770 Trois-Rivières
| | | .- Olivier MOURSIN DIT LAJOIE [52] mar. 29 JUL 1822 Maskinongé
| | | .- Charles LAJOIE [26] mar. 5 NOV 1849 Belleville (St.MichaelArc),Ont
| | `- Rose LAJOIE [13]
| | | .- Ambroise COULOMBE [108] mar. 4 JUL 1780 St-Charles de Bellechasse
| | | .- Laurent COULOMBE [54] mar. 22 APR 1823 St-Etienne de Beaumont
| | `- Rose Alice COULOMBE [27]
| | | .- Joseph GUAY [110] mar. 31 JUL 1798 St-Charles de Bellechasse
| | `- Marguerite GUAY [55]
| | `- Geneviève LACROIX [111]
`- Madonna Louise FORTIN [3]
| .- Joseph FORTIN [112] mar. 6 OCT 1794 Cap St-Ignace
| .- François FORTIN [56] mar. 27 OCT 1840 Québec (St-Roch)
| | `- Geneviève FORTIN [113]
| .- Nazaire FORTIN [28] mar. 7 JAN 1865 Sherbrooke (St-Michel),Quebec
| | | .- Jean BLIER [228] mar. 7 JAN 1753 Kamouraska
| | | .- Joseph BLIER [114] mar. 30 JUN 1807 Kamouraska
| | `- Victoire BLIER [57]
| | | .- Jean Baptiste FOURNIER [230] mar. 13 JAN 1767 Contrat Notaire Dupont
| | `- Marie Appoline FOURNIER [115]
| | `- Marie Rose DUBE [231]
| .- Guillaume Henri FORTIN [14] mar. 4 MAR 1895 Au Gres,ArenacCo,Mich
| | | .- Pierre DANIEL [116] mar. 30 JAN 1798 Deschambault
| | | .- Isidore DANIEL [58] mar. 8 JAN 1833 Baieville
| | `- Emilie DANIEL [29]
| | | .- Pierre ORION DIT CHAMPAGNE [236] mar. 29 JAN 1742 Port-Royal,Acadie
| | | .- Charles ORION DIT CHAMPAGNE [118] mar. 20 JUN 1808 Nicolet
| | `- Marie Louise ORION DIT CHAMPAGNE [59]
| | | .- Joachim Théodore LEMIRE DIT FOUCAULT [238] mar. 27 SEP 1784 Nicolet
| | `- Louise LEMIRE DIT FOUCAULT [119]
| | `- Marie Josèphe TRIGANNE [239]
`- Elsie FORTIN [7]
| .- Eustache DEMERS [240] mar. 24 FEB 1783 St-Philippe de Laprairie
| .- Eustache DEMERS [120] mar. 23 OCT 1809 St-Philippe de Laprairie
| | `- Marie Josèphe DUPUIS [241]
| .- Eustache DEMERS [60] mar. 3 FEB 1840 Ste-Martine de Châteauguay
| | | .- Eustache MARTIN [242] mar. 11 APR 1774 St-Philippe de Laprairie
| | `- Marie Louise MARTIN [121]
| | `- Marie Geneviève POISSANT [243]
| .- Eustache DEMERS [30] mar. 24 JAN 1870 Paincourt (Imm. Conc.),Ontario
| | | .- François VEZINA [244] mar. 8 NOV 1779 St-Laurent,Ile de Montréal
| | | .- Jean Baptiste VEZINA [122] mar. 24 JUL 1815 Châteauguay
| | `- Zoé VEZINA [61]
| | | .- Etienne ROSE [246] mar. 9 OCT 1786 St-Vincent-de-Paul,Laval
| | `- Catherine ROSE [123]
| | `- Geneviève BELANGER [247]
`- Marie Louise DEMERS [15]
| .- Antoine MASSE [248] mar. 25 NOV 1754 Ste-Foy
| .- Jean Baptiste MASSE [124] mar. 13 OCT 1814 Montréal (Notre-Dame)
| | `- Marie Angélique LEGRIS DIT LEPINE [249]
| .- Antoine MASSE [62] mar. 26 OCT 1841 St-Denis sur Richelieu
| | | .- William HODGINS [250] mar. 18 OCT 1783 Montréal (angl. Christ Church)
| | `- Marie Josèphe HODGINS [125]
| | `- Madeleine LEBEQUE DIT LESPERANCE [251]
`- Louise MASSE [31]
| .- Pierre CHEVAL DIT ST-JACQUES [252] mar. 7 FEB 1785 Rivière-des-Prairies
| .- Louis CHEVAL DIT ST-JACQUES [126] mar. 31 JUL 1821 St-Denis sur
| | `- Marie Amable DESNOYERS [253]
`- Virginie ST-JACQUES [63]
| .- Joseph Marie CHERRIER [254] mar. 20 JAN 1777 Québec (Notre-Dame)
`- Marie Rosalie CHERRIER [127]
`- Marie Josèphe GATE DIT BELLEFLEUR [255]

.------|_______ Churchyard/Orr || Henry Churchyard
------+ _______ Genealogy Web Site || University of Texas
`------|_______ http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~churchh/genealgy.html