ISO way to turn photo into line-drawing

singhals via

Nov 16, 2014, 6:23:32 PM11/16/14
to gen...@rootsweb.com
Which photoware package will take a photograph of the front
of a building and turn it into a sketch or line drawing or
something FAR less detailed than a photo? Will Ifranview do it?

I want to make a Tshirt.

Thanks.

Cheryl

Ian Goddard

Nov 16, 2014, 6:37:06 PM11/16/14
On 16/11/14 23:23, singhals via wrote:
> Which photoware package will take a photograph of the front of a
> building and turn it into a sketch or line drawing or something FAR less
> detailed than a photo? Will Ifranview do it?

The feature you're looking for is called edge detection. Googling this
along with Irfanview suggests it's possible.

--
Ian

The Hotmail address is my spam-bin. Real mail address is iang
at austonley org uk

Paul Blair

Nov 16, 2014, 11:35:02 PM11/16/14
On 17-Nov-2014 10:37 am, Ian Goddard wrote:
> On 16/11/14 23:23, singhals via wrote:
>> Which photoware package will take a photograph of the front of a
>> building and turn it into a sketch or line drawing or something FAR less
>> detailed than a photo? Will Ifranview do it?
>
> The feature you're looking for is called edge detection. Googling this
> along with Irfanview suggests it's possible.

Paint.net also does this.

Paul

john

Nov 17, 2014, 4:00:51 AM11/17/14
It may be more sophisticated than you need but FotoSketcher
http://www.fotosketcher.com/ is probably the most comprehensive free
program for converting photos, paintings, drawings and cartoons.

singhals via

Nov 17, 2014, 8:35:20 AM11/17/14
to Ian Goddard, gen...@rootsweb.com
Ian Goddard via wrote:
> On 16/11/14 23:23, singhals via wrote:
>> Which photoware package will take a photograph of the front of a
>> building and turn it into a sketch or line drawing or something FAR less
>> detailed than a photo? Will Ifranview do it?
>
> The feature you're looking for is called edge detection. Googling this
> along with Irfanview suggests it's possible.

Thanks, good to have the right terminology!

Cheryl

singhals via

Nov 17, 2014, 8:36:09 AM11/17/14
to Paul Blair, gen...@rootsweb.com
Great! Thanks.

Cheryl

singhals via

Nov 17, 2014, 8:36:54 AM11/17/14
to john, gen...@rootsweb.com
I'll put it on my list just'n case. Thanks.

Cheryl

Message has been deleted