BillionGraves

Steve Hayes

Dec 18, 2015, 3:44:35 AM12/18/15
Is anyone else having problems getting hold of the BillionGraves
cellphone app for cemetery recording?

https://t.co/CPJbBfCP8H

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com

Doug Laidlaw

Dec 19, 2015, 11:01:07 PM12/19/15
Steve Hayes wrote:

> Is anyone else having problems getting hold of the BillionGraves
> cellphone app for cemetery recording?
>
> https://t.co/CPJbBfCP8H

Android or IoS? It is listed on Google Play.

A complaint was that it won't import photos from Find a Grave. It will only
let you take new photos.

Another cpomplaint said it was great, but seems to be saying that it will
work only where your phone is connected to a cell. It won't allow you to
store photos for later. The first report suggests that if you take a snap
and just store it in photos, you can't send that up later, either.

Doug.

Steve Hayes

Dec 19, 2015, 11:49:59 PM12/19/15
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:48:21 +1100, Doug Laidlaw
<do...@douglaidlaw.net> wrote:

>Steve Hayes wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else having problems getting hold of the BillionGraves
>> cellphone app for cemetery recording?
>>
>> https://t.co/CPJbBfCP8H
>>

>Android or IoS? It is listed on Google Play.

Android, at least for my phone.

>A complaint was that it won't import photos from Find a Grave. It will only
>let you take new photos.

That's because it uses GPS to locate the grave in the cemetery at the
time that the photo is taken.

>Another cpomplaint said it was great, but seems to be saying that it will
>work only where your phone is connected to a cell. It won't allow you to
>store photos for later. The first report suggests that if you take a snap
>and just store it in photos, you can't send that up later, either.

That's because of the way it works.

It you want a photo to keep, take another one at the same tuime, while
you are there,

I eventually found the app by using Google Search outside the Play
Store.

Searching in the Play Store produces barbie and billionnaire, but
nothing in between.

Doug Laidlaw

Dec 21, 2015, 12:01:08 AM12/21/15
Steve Hayes wrote:

> I eventually found the app by using Google Search outside the Play
> Store.
>
> Searching in the Play Store produces barbie and billionnaire, but
> nothing in between.

What they have must vary from one country to another. Anyway, you found it,
and you are already aware of the limitations I mentioned. The person with
existing snaps had "hundreds." They would be taking up storage space.

Doug.
Indexing for http://www.ryersonindex.org/ -- over 5.25 million records.
Researching Thomas H. Boykett, Congregationalist, political activist,
lawyer - and a family friend of the only Australian Judge to be sacked twice!

Steve Hayes

Dec 21, 2015, 2:05:25 AM12/21/15
fOn Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:45:46 +1100, Doug Laidlaw
<do...@douglaidlaw.net> wrote:

>Steve Hayes wrote:
>
>> I eventually found the app by using Google Search outside the Play
>> Store.
>>
>> Searching in the Play Store produces barbie and billionnaire, but
>> nothing in between.
>>
>What they have must vary from one country to another. Anyway, you found it,
>and you are already aware of the limitations I mentioned. The person with
>existing snaps had "hundreds." They would be taking up storage space.

Those "limitations" are not limitations at all. People who see them as
"limitations" don't understand what the program is for.

While Find-a-Grave and BillionGraves and several other web sites do
the same thing -- make gravestone information available on the web --
they do it in different ways.

You could say that a limitation of "Find a Grave" is that it doesn't
automatically fill in the location of the cemetery and of the grave
within the cemetery -- you have to do that manually.