Re: Shotgun searching for ancestors.

Steve Hayes

Feb 14, 2017, 12:12:09 AM2/14/17
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:44:50 GMT, "Geoff" <gg.peac...@virgin.net>
wrote:

>Searchers,
>
>Over the last few years I have found the following procedure quite
>useful for searching the area around a parish where I'd found an event
>(B,M, or D say) happened but did not know whence the forebears I'd
>found in that particular parish might have come. I've searched 36
>LDS films of PR's and BT's for I only trust locations found! Film 37
>is on order and others are in the queue!
>
>You will need Parloc the free parish locator programme from:-
>
>http://www.parloc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ParLoc26.exe
>
>and it's helpful to put :-
>
>http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountryEngland.htm#PageTitle
>
>in your favourites list.

I'm not sure whether it was as a result of reading this message or
not, but I did download Parloc and have been using it for several
years now, and find it very useful indeed for checking the relative
locations of English parishes.

I'm having difficulty in reaching the downloading address, and I
wonder if anyone knows of a newer one?

I can certainly recommend it as a useful tool for English genealogy.

--
Steve Hayes
Web: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com/

Charles Ellson

Feb 14, 2017, 1:37:57 AM2/14/17
http://www.parloc.co.uk/parish-locator.html ?
leading to -
http://www.parloc.co.uk/parloc-downloads.html
which leads to-
http://www.benynet.me.uk/
then click on "Parish Locator" > Downloads