Indexing project for books of Lawrence G. Green

Steve Hayes

Mar 2, 2015, 11:15:34 AM3/2/15
Lawrence G. Green was a travel writer who wrote numerous books, mainly
about southern Africa, between 1940 and 1970. They contan anecdotes
about people and places, with much family and local history.

I have proposed a project for indexing them -- details here:

http://t.co/AF58UOuLXW

If anyone who has access to any of the books of Lawrence G. Green
would be interested in taking part in such a project, please let me
know.

--
Steve Hayes
Web: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com/

Steve Hayes

Mar 7, 2015, 12:50:21 AM3/7/15
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 18:19:43 +0200, Steve Hayes
<haye...@telkomsa.net> wrote:

>Lawrence G. Green was a travel writer who wrote numerous books, mainly
>about southern Africa, between 1940 and 1970. They contan anecdotes
>about people and places, with much family and local history.
>
>I have proposed a project for indexing them -- details here:
>
>http://t.co/AF58UOuLXW
>
>If anyone who has access to any of the books of Lawrence G. Green
>would be interested in taking part in such a project, please let me
>know.

I've also made this available at another URL here:

Indexing project for the books of Lawrence G. Green
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25096784/GreenNdxProj.pdf

Where you can download the description of the project and a sample of
the index format.

Comments welcome.

On the African genealogy list someone has explained the significance
of the 23 books index that has no page numbers -- it comes from a site
where you can download those 23 books in electronic format, so there
is no need for page number -- you can just download the book and
search it:

http://tinyurl.com/nseoy3p
Lawrence G. Green's books and index (2015-03-06 01:49 PM)

It still has the problem that the index appears to be taken from the
printed indexes in the books and therefore is not complete.

But in view of this I suggest that we concentrate mainly on indexing
the books that are not on that list.